Throw away Thanksgiving? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-10-2006, 01:45 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since I am pregnant this year and neither of us wants to do the dishes, I am thinking of doing everything I can in throw away dishes - paper plates, paper cups, plastic silverware, aluminum throw away tins, etc. Does anyone else plan to reduce dishes by going paper and aluminum this year? I may even get a paper table cloth.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 11-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
No, but it sounds like a wonderful idea!! Don't forget to take photos of your lavishing table!
#3 of 10 Old 11-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
That's funny Lenora, because we use plastic cups and foam plates most every day, except for Tday and Christmas! When I was pregnant though I always went the easy way

#4 of 10 Old 11-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Special Member

We always use the throw away stuff. For the holidays, I just usually buy the really nice Chinette stuff to hold up better and maybe nicer napkins. We have a small family and it's usually just my parents and my crew, so I don't really care.
#5 of 10 Old 11-10-2006, 10:47 AM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Hey, Nothin wrong with that!

I was even thinking about a pre-prepped Thanksgiving dinner! (Like from Heavenly ham or our Local grocery store). How's THAT for Lazy? And I'm NOT preggo either!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#6 of 10 Old 11-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 3
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We go to my parents for Thanksgiving and my mom always uses my Grandmas China. If it were here, you bet I'd be using paper/plastic ware!
#7 of 10 Old 11-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Addicted Member

Last year, it was just me and DH so we went to Cracker Barrel and let them worry about it.

this year the inlaws will be here, so we'll probably use real dishes.

We use paper and plastic pretty much any time we have a big group over, or for the holidays. It just saves you so much time in clean up. And if people mix up their plates or cups, or whatever, it's much easier to just go get a new one than to have to stay in the kitchen washing dishes the whole time.
#8 of 10 Old 11-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
That's what my parents do when it's at their house. (including the store bought entire meal) Needless to say, we have it at my house now. But if I were pregnant, I would totally use paper plates.
#9 of 10 Old 11-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Special Member

I totally understand wanting to do that. We usually go to my Grandparents house, she goes all out with real silver and china. When I've had Thanksgiving I use the China that Mike's mom gave me. There's something nice about tradition.

On the flip side, we don't have a dishwasher so disposable sounds great too
#10 of 10 Old 11-10-2006, 02:56 PM

If it's just me, my DH and our kids we use regular plates & cups since we have a dishwasher and it's not a big deal to do dishes. But when we host the family we always use disposable cups, plates, silverware, etc. And we do normally buy those aluminum pans to cook the turkey in regardless because it's just easier. I see nothing wrong with your plan!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page