Progress Reports... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 02:53 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well Guys... how goes the cooking and cleaning for Today?

Post your mishaps, successes and frustrations here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 02:59 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

So far so good here...
Yesterday I put the Turkey in a new trash can to brine (it wouldn't fit in my stockpot). I made spinach dip, two batches of dinner rolls from scratch, 2 Ozark Apple Puddings (one for us, one to give away), Pumpkin Bread with a rum glaze, prepped the veggies for today, and take 8 chairs over to the neighbors.

In the process I also managed to dump about 4 cups of flour on the floor, make 2 emergency store runs (sugar, salt, eggs, and oil... oh my), and shatter a bottle of Gluhwein right inside the front door. (Spiced wine meant to be drunk warm... It's a German thing). After repeated trips to the store for the last week, I was finally able to get 1 butternut squash... they were really hard to find this year.

Today I need to put the turkey in the roasting bag and in the oven. Make my Butternut Squash and Apple casserole, steam broccolli and cauliflower and top with herbed butter, make my marinated tofu with cheese and tomotos and then cart all this food and the kids across the street.
#3 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 03:37 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
We aren't doing anything big this year. My brother and his wife are coming over tomorrow. We've caught up on dishes, dusted, cleaned the bathroom, and done some laundry. My hubby's off to the store for the second time today. The cornbread didn't make as much as he'd wanted. I'm making two pumpkin pies right now, I've made cranberry sauce, the chicken is thawed, and I cooked bacon, eggs, and pancakes for breakfast and spinach latkes for dinner. Tomorrow we finish cooking: chicken, green bean casserole, stuffing, and pecan pie. Then we have to finish cleaning, just sweeping and finishing up dishes from cooking. Wow, that sounds like a lot for not doing a big Thanksgiving.

#4 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 06:34 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Yeah... I was just thinking that reading your post. Looks like a normal Thanksgiving dinner to me
#5 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 11:16 AM

I am doing desserts. Did the crust for the eclaire cake last night, need to do the filling and toping, need to bake a pumpkin dump cake. Wayne made deviled eggs last night. I hav he cream cheese soeftening up for the chicken and shrimp balls. We are eating at Wayne's parents house so no clenaing here to be done!! lol.

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's Magificent Mom of the Month Contest and a $25 GC!
#6 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
We don't have to do anything but show up - so the girls are putting up the Christmas tree and watching Barbie movies. The best part was everyone let me sleep into 8am this morning!
#7 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 12:21 PM

Filling done, pumpkin dump cake is in the oven, cheese balls are done thanks to a lot of help from my honey and the celery is stuffed! Now to dry my hair Oh working on laundry too.

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's Magificent Mom of the Month Contest and a $25 GC!
#8 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Special Member

Everything went smoothly here. I ran out last night to get an orange, extra butter and more eggs and made some homeade rice pudding. Like I needed to stand around and stir for an hour! But it was delicious. I got the recipe from a Portugeuse girl at work. Her mom puts a whole orange peel in right from the beginning and tkes it out at the end. Tastes great. The turkey was wonderful. Everything is cleaned up and packed away. Everyone is coming over for leftovers on Saturday b.c we're going to Mike's 25th HS reunion tomorrow.
#9 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Made beds, did laundry, cleaned kitchen, had breakfast, went to dr's, went to supermarket, put grocery's away, got on computer, got text message inviting me to lunch. Went to lunch then we went for coffee at Gloria Jeans (like StarBucks only they are still open, most of the StarBucks closed down) helped with Janices Xmas shopping. Went back to Gloria Jeans for more coffee finally got home at 3.30, had a nap, cooked sausages for dinner (Des and kids wanted sausages with bread, cheese and sauce, I thought WTG, bugger all cooking in that lot. Played on computer, went to sleep,

I had a great Thankgiving especially for someone living in a country that doesn't even celebrate it
#10 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
ours was good... everything went well and the food was delicious!
#11 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Well I'm glad that you had a good day anyway Maree!
My kids were wound up this morning but we went to my parent's house around 11:30a ate around an hr later and stayed till 3:30. Ate waaaaay too much of course! John picked up the kids around 4:30p or so. Prolly be home around 8p so my house is nice and quiet and I am contiplating going to bed before they get here!LOL!
Looking forward to some shopping in the morning fo sho!
#12 of 16 Old 11-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
I wish we had a black Friday like you all have. Our boxing day sales (day after Christmas) are supposed to be like your Black Fridays...and the deals used to be really really really good....but that are not that great anymore
#13 of 16 Old 11-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Our Boxing Day sales are still pretty good, I just never have any money the day after xmas The grandparents tend to send the kids money so we take them down to get a good deal and then send the grandparents pictures of what they bought the kids. Geez times have certainly changed.
#14 of 16 Old 11-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
i usually end up working Boxing day
#15 of 16 Old 11-29-2008, 07:12 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Marie! I remember Gloria Jean's... we used to have on at the mall in Virginia Beach, back before Starbuck's. I loved it.

Our Thanksgiving went well... now we are just relaxing and enjoying our weekend.
#16 of 16 Old 12-02-2008, 02:40 PM

We camped for Thanksgiving. Roaring fire outside, roasted hotdogs (kids choice) and marshmellows, drank some Cap and coke and had a relaxing evening. Nothing to clean up! Can't beat that!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page