BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thanksgiving (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Where are you having Thanksgiving this year? (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181073)

Elaine 11-05-2009 09:03 AM

We will be going over to Chad's house (or a relative's) this year. I haven't had anyone to celebrate with for the last few years and Thanksgiving hasn't been much of a Holiday for us. I'm hoping it ends up at Chad's house (he has the biggest house in the family but right now doesn't have a dining room table) so I can be part of the planning and cooking.

LittleBit 11-05-2009 10:54 AM

We are going to my brother's in Iowa for Thanksgiving. My SIL told me the menu, and I'm just hoping she's a decent cook. So far I haven't eaten that type of food that she cooked except for when she helped at Mom's last Christmas.
She's making a lot of really heavy foods though, so I'm hoping to come up with a few lighter dishes as sides and a healthier dessert too.
Even her vegetables will be drowned in butter, cheese or mushroom soup.
I know i'm making some mashed sweet potatos or a baked one for me... She's doing candied sweets with tons of brown sugar and marshmallows which I can't eat.
Really not sure what all she's making, but the dishes she listed are things I really can't eat much of without getting sick except for the Turkey.

Spaggie 11-05-2009 11:15 AM

I'm sure we will end up at Rick's parents house, as we normally do.

KJBBDOLL 11-05-2009 11:42 AM

I think this year we are having Thanksgiving with my family on an off day from the actual holiday since my sister and I have to share it with our ex husbands. The actual day of thanksgiving I am sure we will go to Jim's grandmas. She cooks all kinds of yummy things!

Grace 11-05-2009 01:25 PM

Probably at home with just the four of us.

tailwaggers 11-05-2009 05:48 PM

No idea. Kyle's aunt and uncle usually have it at their house, but she is very sick and probably isn't up for it, but she can't get in our house (she's currently in a wheelchair and we have steps going up to our front door), and there's really no other place to have it. We went to my sister's last year, which was great and I wanted to do that again this year, but Kyle could not get the time off. So who knows.

ryann2 11-05-2009 07:03 PM

My little family is just doing Thanksgiving here at home. My parents are not well and we will go and see my parents for dessert. We usually do a big thing here, but I am not really talking to my brother and it's better for everyone if I just steer clear of a confrontation...