Contest for the Month of May - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-01-2002, 12:25 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Religion and Spiritual Practices Contest for the Month of May

I am pleased to announce the very first contest here on the Religion and Spiritual Practices board.

If you could meet any religious figure, who would it be and why? Has this person influenced your life? What would you talk about? What kind of questions would you ask them? Where would you meet them and what would you do while you were talking? Etc.

It can be a leader of any religious group, a Bible character, saint, church leader, or whoever you want it to be. So, if you’ve ever wanted to have tea with Buddha, walk in the park with Moses, debate politics with Mother Teresa, ride a roller coaster with Billy Graham, or bake a birthday cake for Jesus, stop by and let us know.

All Baby U members are invited to participate in the contest and voting.

Please submit your entries by Monday, May 20th. Voting will begin on May 21 and end on May 27.

The winner will receive a copy of Max Lucado’s book, When God Whispers Your Name .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 05-01-2002, 11:13 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
I would like to meet Saint Francis he was the one that could tame any animal and they were his friends. The stories I heard of him when I grew up always fascinated me. He was a loving man and very helpful to people also. I love the Saint Francis song too. Make me a Channel of your Peace.

I am not sure what I would ask him, I guess I would ask him how did it become so that he was friends with the animals and did he have any fears of any kind. (with the animals)
I would also ask him when did he get his calling from God.
That is the person I would like to met.
#3 of 11 Old 05-02-2002, 01:48 AM
Special Member

I would want to meet Mary, the mother of Jesus. We would probably have tea and cakes at a small bed and breakfast or something together or take a walk by a small stream. I would want to ask her what was going on in her head and her heart when the messanger of God told her she was to be the mother of God's Son. I would want to know how hard of a deicison it was for her to open her life, especially at the time and under the circumstances, to carry a child that was not truly her earthly husband's and to be a slave the Lord. I would want to know how life was like raising a child and running a household during her time. I would want to know how hard it was to raise the Son of God knowing what His purpose on Earth was and how hard it was to fully comprehend His mission in life. I would want to know what was the emotion she was feeling in her heart even though she knew His promise of resurrection as they nailed her Son to the cross. I think we would end the conversation with a warm embrace and kisses on each cheek. I just feel like she would have been that sort of person.

#4 of 11 Old 05-02-2002, 09:47 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Wow! Those are really insightful! Thanks, Ladies!
#5 of 11 Old 05-02-2002, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

The person I want to meet the most is Jesus. There are so many things I don't understand and would love to have just one hour of uninterrupted time with the Saviour! My friends and I joke about it being so busy in heaven that we'd have to make an appointment with Jesus and our turn would be literally years and years from when the appointment is booked. LOL
Seriously thou...I would like to walk beside Him by an ocean and walk barefoot in the foam as the waves come crashing in. I want to ask him what it was like to know that you were born to die. About how He felt as he neared closer to the time. Most of all I would like to hug him and hold his hand...just to be able to REALLY carry on a conversation with him and HEAR his replies.
Now that I think about it...it would probably be like being with your best friend...maybe there would be no need for words. Just the joy of being with each other.
#6 of 11 Old 05-02-2002, 12:59 PM
Addicted Member

Anna and Kim those were beautiful. I felt I was with you each step of the way.
#7 of 11 Old 05-08-2002, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

If you could meet any religious figure, who would it be and why?

I would love to meet Joseph Smith, the man who restored our church. I am a Morman. I would ask him how he was able to keep his faith so strong in the face of such evil. How after being chased out of all of his homes by mobs, seeing everything that he had help build be burnt or torn down by mobs how could he still have such love and forgiveness enough to ask the Lord to forgive them the day that the mob in Illinios killed him in that cold jail cell.

Has this person influenced your life?

Yes he has made me know that out there somewhere there is a God that loves us.

Where would you meet them and what would you do while you were talking?

I would love to meet him in a park. I wuold bring a picnic lunch and ask him the questions over lunch. Then when it is all over I would ask him to give me a blessing and to bless my family.
#8 of 11 Old 05-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Addicted Member

Angie that is so neat. What a guy. I learn something new today about a different religion. Thanks.
#9 of 11 Old 05-09-2002, 10:37 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks Annie.....from a series my church put out I learned alot about Joseph Smith. He was a very awesome man.
#10 of 11 Old 05-14-2002, 03:32 PM

I would love to spend a few hours with Jesus.
There are questions I have about myself, that only he in his wisdom could answer. Thoughts and feelings I have, that only he could understand. And confusion and pain, that only he could heal.
I would like to sit with him on top of a mountain, with nature all around us, and the world in view below us.
We would talk about life and how different things are now from the way they were before,...or perhaps how much they are the same.
It would be nice to spend some time in the company of one who passes no judgement on me, and who accepts me completely as I am. Someone whose love is unconditional, and will not fade with time.
#11 of 11 Old 05-14-2002, 04:34 PM
Addicted Member

That is so pretty Rhonda.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page