Baby Food recipes! Baby Meatballs/ Baked Apples for Baby - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-05-2001, 05:50 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As a parent of a toddler I found it useful and cost effective to make Michael homemade baby food. Here are 2 recipes:

Baby's first Meatballs for ages 10 months or older

1/2 pound lean ground beef or pork
1/2 cup mashed potatoes, rolled oats or baby's oatmeal cereal

Combine ingredients mixing well. Form into balls about 1/2 to 1 inch in diameter. Place on cooking sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or cook in skillet until done.
Drain off fat. Offer cooled meatballs as finger foods for snacks or meals. Label and store extra meatballs in freezer. Use within one month

Baked Apples for Baby yields 1 cup for ages 7 months or older

2 to 3 apples
Aluminum foil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then wash and core apples. Wrap each apple in a square of aluminum foil, and seal tightly. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, testing with a fork for desired softness. Remove foil, skin, and any remaining core. Mash apples. You can use this same method for pears, which wil reach the desired softness within 15 to 30 minutes.

Hope you baby will enjoy!

-Sandra
A preemie's pooh to Michael 12-01-99

Visit Michael's webpage at:
www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/tigerpup

Moderator of
Children with Special Needs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-05-2001, 06:40 PM
Jen
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 2
Thanks for these! I have been making my own stuff for Hailey but it seemed that I ran out of ideas. She has gotten to where she only likes a couple of things (but ALL fruits!!) so this will be a good change!
Keep those recipes coming !! I, for one really use them!!
#3 of 3 Old 09-06-2001, 02:39 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Jen,

I am glad you enjoyed the post. I had told the mods at the chat today I was going to post Baby Food recipes. I have a lot because Michael is sometimes a picky eater and doesn't like most of the Geber graduates or the 3rd food stage. I have been making homemade for awhile and I really like doing it. I've got some fruit soothies/shakes if anyone is interested. Michael loves those.

We have a doctor appt tomorrow morning but I'll be posting some more recipes in the afternoon while Michael takes his nap.

-Sandra
A preemie's pooh to Michael 12-01-99

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page