Making a few changes... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-20-2009, 11:57 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or thinking about some anyway.
First of all... I signed up to be a Pampered Chef consultant. I like their products, and I'm hoping I can bring in a little income this way. Figure I would get started here where I have friends who will forgive me if I screw up. Then take it with me to Missouri... so if you need any Pampered Chef

I'm considering staying with my major of Psychology when we move instead of switching to nursing. At least initially... The nursing programs are very competitive in Missouri. I intend to apply when I can, but I have already missed deadlines for all the school for fall start. In the meantime I think I will continue with my Psych major... I want to focus in counseling, and then eventually specialize in Christian counseling if I stay with that area... I have been doing a lot of praying and will be doing some more.

I'm considering where to live in MO, whether or not to homeschool the girls etc... Lots of thinking and decision making right now... Say some prayers that I make the best choices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Heather, I'll pray with you about your choices. I share the same concerns about picking the right school for Emily. Pray for me, too.
I think nursing programs are competitive everywhere. It has to be that way. You don't want someone who kind of wanted to be a nurse to be taking care of you if ever wind up in the ER or ICU, KWIM? I think Christian counseling is a great profession, and I have thought about going into that myself. Still am thinking about it. Just keep praying, and you know God will guide you.
I am so excited about your move back to the states, and I LOVE Pampered Chef. If I ever need anything, I'll order it from you!

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#3 of 8 Old 02-20-2009, 12:50 PM

Likes Earned: 22
I'm a psych major myself - or was until Ally was born. the only problem with that is that you can't do a whole lot with it unless you have a master's or PhD. Don't know about the counselng part tho.

I sold Pampered Chef for about 2 years. Adore thir stuff, but it has gotten xpensive (not that it was ever cheap. The can opener I got 7 yearsz ago for $10 is now $20! (Had to get a new one.) But you can not beat their stoneware. i still use mine for darn near everything. My pizza stone and baking stone are BLACK I've used them so much!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland

#4 of 8 Old 02-20-2009, 01:02 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
The military and the VA are hiring loads of psychologists, so if that is an interest of yours, there is employment in the field if you are willing to work with veterans.

It really chaps my hide when I hear people majoring in psychology saying they won't work with veterans. Good enough to die and get all screwed up for people, but not good enough to help, eh?

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 8 Old 02-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Addicted Member

praying for you sis. Lots of decisions to make. I should be getting my phone back before too awful long.

Love you.
#6 of 8 Old 02-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 10
I would like to order the pizza stone, please provide me with your information, thanks.
#7 of 8 Old 02-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
I wish you the best on the choices you are facing.
#8 of 8 Old 02-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Addicted Member

I'm sure everything will work out!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in