What I ended up planting - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-16-2011, 01:04 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We set aside about 1/3 of our yard for this, so it is a pretty good sized garden.  Here's what we (I mainly mean I planted, but dh helped with the onions):

Onions (white and red)

Garlic

Red Potatoes

2 Raspberry bushes

1 Blueberry bush

1 Blackberry bush

2 rows of green beans

1 Row each:

Peas

Ornimental peppers

Tomatoes

Romaine Lettuce

Leaf Lettuce

Eggplant

Orka

Broccolli

Swiss Chard

Pumpkins

2 hills each:

Cantalope

Zucchini

Spaghetti Squash

1 each:

Artichoke

Hot Pepper

Cauliflower

Red Cabbage

The one each thing was dh's idea.  My garden is long and narrow, so the individual rows aren't too long.  It took me several days to plant this stuff.  I sure hope it grows.  Dh's onions and garlic are taking off like wildfire thanks to the rain for the past two days.  I think the asparagus and strawberries he planted died.  He also plans to plant carrots.  i have no idea where.  I think things are pretty packed as is. 

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Likes Given: 0

wow, sounds great! You will have to let us know how productive it is for you.

#3 of 6 Old 04-16-2011, 03:49 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12

So far the only thing coming up is dh's onions and garlic.  figures.  rolleyes.gif

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#4 of 6 Old 04-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15

Looks good :)  So far the girls have planted zucchini, carrots, melons, eggplants, sunflowers and wildflowers in the yard.  

We also planted strawberries.  We still plan on planting tomato's, green peppers, cucumbers and eggplant in my hanging planters.  Haven't gotten around to it yet.  I plan on doing those after payday.   I don't really have the money to buy the plants right now so it just needs to wait. :)  

Let us know how you do.

#5 of 6 Old 04-17-2011, 08:58 PM

Likes Earned: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post

We set aside about 1/3 of our yard for this, so it is a pretty good sized garden.  Here's what we (I mainly mean I planted, but dh helped with the onions):

Onions (white and red)

Garlic

Red Potatoes

2 Raspberry bushes

1 Blueberry bush

1 Blackberry bush

2 rows of green beans

1 Row each:

Peas

Ornimental peppers

Tomatoes

Romaine Lettuce

Leaf Lettuce

Eggplant

Orka

Broccolli

Swiss Chard

Pumpkins

2 hills each:

Cantalope

Zucchini

Spaghetti Squash

1 each:

Artichoke

Hot Pepper

Cauliflower

Red Cabbage

The one each thing was dh's idea.  My garden is long and narrow, so the individual rows aren't too long.  It took me several days to plant this stuff.  I sure hope it grows.  Dh's onions and garlic are taking off like wildfire thanks to the rain for the past two days.  I think the asparagus and strawberries he planted died.  He also plans to plant carrots.  i have no idea where.  I think things are pretty packed as is. 

From the looks of the stuff you have on your garden I think your planning on running a farm. lol . Seriously though, I wish I have the time to do these tasks. Just could hardly find a time to do it. Poor me.

#6 of 6 Old 04-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12

That's awesome! A garden is on my list of things to do with the kids this summer. But seeing how it snowed yesterday I'm not ina  hurry to plant.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page