06-25-2009 It's been a while - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-25-2009, 09:59 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Things have been super busy around here and I haven't had time to update. Here is everything in a nutshell.

Drew failed 8th grade (no big surprise), so he will be repeating. I refuse to pay for summer school this time around and refused the schools offer to pay. He needs to pay the price. but we ARE moving him to a different school. MIL lives across the highway (same school district), so we will put him in that JH. Told him how he can take HS credit classesd in 8th, plus go to summer school over the next 2 years and get totally caught up so he can graduate with his class. His other option (and I'm thinking this is what will happen) is that he quits school at 16, takes GED classes, gets his GED and goes to community college or technical school for a 2 year degree or a certification of some kind. I'm betting he quits school. he just doesn't work well in a traditional environment. He's uber smart and could pass the GED right now. If he doesn't get his GED and go to CC, then at 18 he's out the door.

Both kids are on the swim team this summer. Drew can't compete because of the nerve/muscle damage in his shoulders, but he still goes to the practices to help strengthen them. He also goes to the meets to support his teammates. Ally is competeing and so far has 2 3rd place ribbons, 2 4th place, 2 6th place and 2 8th place. For her first year, she is doing AWESOME!

We are 2 months behind on the house payment. We are durrently with the mortgage company to thry to restructure the loan. If they will take the May/Jun/& Jul payments and tack them onto the end of the loan, that will catch us up. We can make the payments, we just can't get caught up. Keep you fingers crossed!

Rick and I are doing fine. Things aren't looking good for our anniversary (going out), but I can live with that. Maybe we'll just BBQ.

Planning our annual July 4th party. Our friend Steve is paying for it (including all the meat!). He wants the party, so he said he would take care of it. The kids are looking forward to fireworks. I'm planning water games for late afternoon. Steve is giving Ally and I 2 movie tickets to go see UP while the guys game. We're looking forward to it.

Well, that's the big stuff. I'll try to update more later.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Up was awesome! You will enjoy it. Sorry about Drew's school situation but I agree with what you are doing.
#3 of 3 Old 06-30-2009, 11:26 AM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
My dh has a GED and it has never impeded him in life. He and I have talked about it a lot. I sat on my butt bored, taking stupid stuff because it was fun and I took the hard stuff my first two years. While dh took the GED which was actually harder than all the butt sitting I did.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in