11-27-03 Thanksgiving - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-28-2003, 11:17 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanksgiving was fun, relaxing and yummy!

Slept until 9AM, which was lovely. Even the kids slept in, so the house actually stayed quiet for a change. Got dressed and Rick and I headed out, after putting the turkey in the oven.

Big Lots was open and had some fantastic deals! I got Rick a black leather recliner for only $99! They only had 3 left when we got there. If I had only had the money, I would have gotten 2! It's not the best recliner in the world, but I was able to keep my promise to Rick. I had always told him that if he got me a house, I would get him a recliner. Not exactly an even trade, but both of us are happy! :LOL: Paid for that, put it in the minivan and headed back in. Got a work bench for my nephew Chris, who is a HUGE Bob the Builder fan. Also got 2 of those plastic saw horses for Rick (from the kids) Plus a few misc / stocking items. All told I spent $157.07 Gave the box to the kids and they played with that thing ALL AFTERNOON! Guess I don't need to buy them any presents for Xmas after all! LOL!

Went home, helped Rick in the kitchen and played on the computer. We didn't eat until 5:30 but it was soooo worth the wait! Turkey, ham, stuffing, succotash (lima beans and corn), rice, gravy, rolls and apple & cherry pie. Can you believe I forgot to make the candied yams? LOL! And I really wanted them, too! Oh well. I will make them later to eat with the leftovers.

Went over to the in-laws about 7PM to visit with them. MIL had to work all day, so they didn't do dinner until 6 themselves. Left there about 8:45. Rick took the kids home and I ran over to my friend Tisha's house. She let me borrow her credit card so I could so some shopping on Black Friday. Bill was goig to pay me, but he didn't get off of work until noon and by then all the sales would be over.

By the time I got home, Rick was in bed trying to sleep but Ally wouldn't let him. Took her out of the room and settled her on the couch so he could sleep. Finally got her to bed about 11:30PM! She should have been exhausted from all the playing they did outside. Then I went thru all the things I have been buying all year - 3 pages worth of stuff! And then I spent the better part of an hour going thru the Walmart ad to figure out what I was going to get.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
OMGoodness girl!! You've got a tons of stuff already bought!!!

Sounds like a fantastic Thanksgiving day!!
#3 of 4 Old 11-29-2003, 10:36 AM
Addicted Member

It sounds like a great Thanksgiving Day! You seem so orgnaized with all your shopping and purchases!

#4 of 4 Old 11-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Special Member

It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page