This decoration cam go along with both Christmas and the winter theme.
What You Need
5 Paint stir sticks (you get them free when you buy a can of paint)
6 Wide Popsicle sticks (about 3/4" wide by 6" long)
White craft paint
Rub-on Snowmen Faces (or paint them on yourself)
Yarn, felt, buttons, pom poms, etc. for making outfits
Hot glue gun
Wood hot glue sticks
Wire or string
Wire cutters, if using wire
How To Make It
(Note: You can also use paint stir sticks for the back of the fence, it will just change your spacing of the snowmen. Use your imagination! Create your own unique snowmen! )
1. Paint the paint stir sticks white. Let dry. You may have to add more than one coat. Paint the Popsicle sticks white. Let dry. You may have to add more than one coat.
2. Rub on the Snowmen Faces according to the directions on the package. Note: You may also paint the face using thin permanent or paint markers, paintbrush and craft paints.
3. Create scarves for each of the snowmen and glue in place around the "neck" (the part of the paint stick that curves in). Try felt shawls, scarves, and try braiding yarn for scarves too.
4. Cut out hats for your snowmen and glue on their heads. Try making different kinds, using our pictures as ideas. Glue on pom poms for a fun look. Glue on buttons, pom poms, or whatever you have on hand for their buttons.
5. Glue the Popsicle sticks to the back of the snowmen using the wood glue. Our bottom stick was about 3" from the bottom of the snowman. The upper stick was about 3 1/2" above the bottom stick. Be sure to use a ruler to get it close to being straight. If it doesn't appear straight, don't worry. \
6. Add extra wood glue to help strengthen the sticks. You may also wish to glue additional sticks where they touch end to end to give them more strength.
7. Hang on a couple of nails, or tie wire or string on the ends so you can hang on one nail.
Have fun and enjoy creating your Snowmen Fence!