User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-24-2002, 08:33 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Marco and I had boughten Sydney a new car-seat (well new to us anyway) from some friends of ours, who have 3 that are all the same, but are only using 2. Their parents picked the 3rd one up for them at a garage sale, but they had just boughten a brand new one, so they didn't need the 3rd one. So we bought it from them for $65 (half price).

So I took it down to the fire station today, to have them inspect it and install it in my car. And what do they tell me? That it's be recalled and should have been destroyed. What!!?? So I go home and call the girl we bought it from and take it over to her house to get our money back. She was really upset, because her 3 year old daughter has been riding around in the exact same kind of seat for the past 2 1/2 years and she didn't have a clue that it had been recalled. So she gave us our money back and did quite a bit of calling around herself, to Fisher Price and whatnot. Well, when I get home, there is a message from the fire dept. saying that they had made a mistake on the manufactuer date, and it was the wrong seat that had been recalled and that our seat was fine. Then our friend called me back, with the same information, that it had been recalled at a certain date, it was fixed and any of the seats after a certain date, were fine.

So I went back over, gave the money back to her and took the car seat home. I'm so relieved! I was so excited that Sydney got a new car seat (it's really nice), and then so disappointed that I had to take it back and now I'm excited again. It will be so much more comfortable than her infant seat. The only thing that sucks about these other seats, infant/toddler seats, is that when they fall asleep, you can't just take the whole seat in, you have to actually take them out and carry them, then they usually wake up. Oh well.

That's my news, nothing too exciting today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-24-2002, 10:28 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
Hey girl I am glad that you got that car seat stuff all sorted out. I hate it when you find out by fluke that something is recalled, especially when it involves the safety of our children
#3 of 5 Old 07-24-2002, 10:31 PM - Thead Starter

I'm glad too, that can be pretty scary stuff.

#4 of 5 Old 07-24-2002, 10:34 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Glad yours wasn't recalled after all. And what a great price! Those things are so expensive!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#5 of 5 Old 07-25-2002, 12:41 AM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Glad everything worked out...enjoy the new carseat!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page