Napping - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-14-2005, 06:24 PM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do you get your baby to nap?

The Peanut can do maybe 20 min. max for me. The babysitter's lucky & gets like 45 mins. She sleeps fine during the night, anywhere from 5-7 hrs, eats, then goes back for at least an hour. What am I doing wrong?

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
Have you tried white noise ? I know if Jared heard me up, he'd decided he just HAD to be up too
#3 of 8 Old 02-14-2005, 06:39 PM - Thead Starter

Yup. I got one of the "Grandma's Fussbuster CD's". We play it at night and during the naps. For some reason it doesn't work for her naps.

Kim

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#4 of 8 Old 02-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Alexander was a wonderful napper and would take 2 naps a day and sleep for 2-3 hours each time. Miss Elizabeth on the other hand was NOT a good napper. The only way we could get her to nap was to hold her. Then she would sleep for maybe an hour, hour and a half. If we tried to lay her down she would wake up. If we got her to sleep by laying with her, as soon as we'd get up she would wake up. Alexander loved his swing and that's where he would nap but Elizabeth hated the swing. Have you tried that? Good luck, I know what you're going through.
#5 of 8 Old 02-14-2005, 08:29 PM - Thead Starter

Yep, have to use the swing to get her to nap.

Kim

&...

#6 of 8 Old 02-15-2005, 01:29 AM

This is kind of funny... My dd was the same way and we have this wonderful, old, soft spoken pediatrician that I explained my dilemma to. His answer was so simple that it was hilarious!

"She doesn't sleep much during the day because she sleeps all night. Count your blessings"

And there it was. Disappointing, but there it was!

Sorry she's not much of a napper. It's hard to get anything done, I know!
#7 of 8 Old 02-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
great sounding dr jessica! lol

good luck kim... Logan used to do nothing but sleep!

he had two naps a day until around 8 months i think maybe try that? a nap in the morning, and another in the afternoon? i'm glad the swing is working for you. nothing wrong with that
#8 of 8 Old 02-15-2005, 02:22 PM

When Sydney was a small baby, she napped in her swing practically all day! She would get up to eat and then go back to sleep.

Livia on the other hand, hated the swing. She sleeps in her crib at naptime. We just give her kisses and cuddles, lay her down in her crib, tell her to have a good rest and leave the room. We also have the radio playing in there all the time, it helped her as a baby to get used to noise in general (and let me tell you, it has been a lifesaver!!) Livia used to be one of those babies that would wake up at the slightest creak on the stairs. But not anymore!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page