Blood blisters on teething gums?? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-11-2001, 11:32 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone's child ever gotten blood blisters on their gums when they were teething? It appears that Cody is working on cutting his molars. The doctor mentioned that his gums were swollen and not to be surprised. But, when I looked in his mouth, I saw this blue spot that looked just like he had been gnawing on an ink pen. Two days later, it's still there, but the gums are really swollen in that area.

I'm beginning to think it's basically a blood blister. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

PS -- we tried the Benadryl on the gums and it really seems to work better than Orajel. Plus, it doesn't appear to taste as bad -- no spitting and making faces. I just put it on a Q-tip and let him gnaw on it for a moment. Thanks for the suggestion1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-12-2001, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
The little boy that I keep was teething his first molars last month and got a swollen purple area over one of them. I mentioned it to his parents and they didnt seem too worried. He was really cranky and didnt want to eat for a day or two and then it went down and the tooth came through. I had thought maybe he had an infection, but his parents never called the doctor or anything so who knows. It did go away though after about two or three days.
Sorry I don't really have any advice on what to do for it.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#3 of 4 Old 03-12-2001, 08:58 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Actually that was a lot of help Elaine -- I just was a little concerned that it had to do with him whopping his head the other day.

I actually noticed it at the doctor's office and had the doctor come back in and take a look. He acted like he had never seen that before and asked if maybe Cody had gotten hold of an ink pen (I wondered myself). But that was Friday, and today it's still there. Yesterday his gums really swelled up big, so I'm hoping that it's going to hurry up and come through.

Poor baby! Thanks for your input -- I feel better now!

#4 of 4 Old 03-12-2001, 04:29 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Poor Cody, I hope it get's better. I have never seen this but I would say if it stayed that way for longer than a couple of weeks then maybe take him to a dentist. But I think Elaine is right it will probably go away soon and the tooth will come through.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page