Where do you/did you buy your baby stuff? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 02-11-2002, 08:41 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where do you get the things you need? Diapers, wipes, clothing, furniture and so on?

I usually get my diapers and such at either wal-mart or the PX. Clothes...it just depends...most of my clothes are hand-me-downs or yard sale buys. Same with my baby equipment. But the stuff I have bought I got from Wal-mart/kmart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 02-11-2002, 02:19 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went to Babies R Us to get most of my stuff! Then I got some of the clothes at Burlington Coat Factory, in the Baby Depot section!
#3 of 17 Old 02-11-2002, 11:02 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

I love both of those stores Tara! I never lived close to either one until now. I forgot, we did get our double stroller at Burlington. I could stay in both of those stores all day and just look at the stuff.

#4 of 17 Old 02-11-2002, 11:09 PM
Special Member

I got all of the furniture at Toys R Us. Most of the clothes at Target, some at Jimboree, and the diapers at the local grocery store
#5 of 17 Old 02-12-2002, 12:41 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Babies R Us, Target, and EBay! LOVE EBAY!!!!
#6 of 17 Old 02-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Special Member

Babies R Us is my favorite store!!!!! I buy a lot of Kales clothes at the mall too - Old Navy, Gap, etc. And eventhough I sell on eBay ... I don't buy there ... I guess it is because I want it now!!!
#7 of 17 Old 02-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
EVERYWHERE! I go everywhere. We go to baby specific, department, goodwills, anywhere they sell baby stuff we there!

Diapers i usually pick up at wal-mart.
#8 of 17 Old 02-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Special Member

We bought Al's crib at Babies 'R Us and everything else at Wal-Mart or K-Mart. I also buy his clothes at Wal-Mart because they are so cheap and when he grows out of them so fast, why put a lot of money into them? As he gets older and wears them longer, I'm sure I'll start buying better quality clothes. Or maybe we'll just keep buying at Wal-Mart - at the cheap prices, we can just get him a new wardrobe!!

For supplies (diapers, shampoo, etc.), we get them at Wal-Mart.
#9 of 17 Old 02-18-2002, 06:44 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
We actually did not buy a lot of his baby furniture. It was all given to us as gifts. We had a portable crib and a regular crib which were bought at Toys R us and Walmart. His new toddler was bought at Burlington.

Most of his clothes come from Target, Walmart or department stores like Sears and JC Penny's.
#10 of 17 Old 02-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Special Member

When Michael was a baby we bought his Jenny Lind baby crib with matress and Noah's Ark bedding all for $100.00 at a Children's resale shop. His baby dresser and diapers and clothes at Walmart.

Recently, I found some 2 piece Disney short sets for $5.00 at my local Family Dollar store. Today my mother took us to a Family Discount store called "FALLAS PAREDES" where I bought Michael some size 24 months outfits from $2.99 to 6.99. The outfits were very nice.

I still stick with Walmart for diapers, wipes, baby bath, baby shampoos and everyday things.

~~Sandra~~
A preemie's pooh to Michael born Decemeber 1, 1999 weighing 2 pounds and 6 ounces with an apgar score of 1. and wife and soulmate to Timothy Lee

~~Visit Michael's webpage~~
www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/tigerpup

Click here to see our Family Homepage at Baby University.

Click here to read my Parenting Journal
where I discuss what life is like being a parent to a toddler with special needs who will undergo 2 skull reconstruction surgeries a month apart and the affect it has on our family.

If you are in a new relationship, renewing one, re-connecting with your special loved one, trying to communicate better, trying to spark that fire again that you've lost, trying to adjust to losing one and the changes that come with it we discuss it here at The Relationships Board

Here are some fun ideas to cure everyone's boredom! From crafts to counting games-you'll find it here!
Visit Rainy Day Activites

Celebrate the joy of parenting our Special Kids come by Children with Special Needs

"There are two ways to live your life. One is though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning."

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
#11 of 17 Old 02-19-2002, 10:35 PM
Special Member

I buy Baby clothes/items anywhere I can find a good deal Babies R Us Usually has some great clearance!
#12 of 17 Old 02-20-2002, 12:06 AM
Advanced Member

One of the places I used was Babyuniverse.com. The other was just our local stores and woolworth (yes we have one)
#13 of 17 Old 02-20-2002, 02:22 AM

Target, Babies/Kids R Us, some clothes at Old Navy...
#14 of 17 Old 01-06-2007, 09:39 PM

Yeahh hand me downs... We also like Target, Old Navy, and Gap...

Lyssy
#15 of 17 Old 01-06-2007, 11:17 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
All over... Toys R Us, Small World, Burlington, Target, TONS of Gymboree, Old Navy, Sears, GAP, etc. Wherever the stuff was cute and the deals were good. ALWAYS check on Ebay and Garage/Yard/Tag sales. You'd be AMAZED the great stuff you can find for pennies.

I like the Huggies wipes, so I can get some good deals by the case at WalMart (Usually $8.88, but can be $8.18 at times) for like 640 wipes. You can also get the Sams wipes pretty cheaply. I find the best deal on the Pampers cruisers are at Sams.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#16 of 17 Old 01-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
The cheapest way for me to buy Pampers is at our local Bi-Lo store. They go on sale to $9.99 with my card and then I use the $1 coupon that comes inside the packs.
Thank God, I'm on WIC for formula because there is no way in the world I could afford it on my own.
As for clothes, I do a lot of clearance and thrift store shopping as well as buying some of the nicer things I want on ebay.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#17 of 17 Old 01-26-2007, 02:52 PM

I've been fortunate to have received all my furniture from family. I typically get all Lauren's diapers, wipes, medicines, etc., at HEB or Walmart. Usually, Walmart doesn't have the size I need in Luvs, so I tend to go to HEB when I'm low on diapers. As for clothes, Walmart, occasionally places like Kohl's, Target, and JC Penney, but mostly, I shop at this resale shop called Once Upon a Child. Since we're a one income family, it's hard for me to rationalize paying $15 or $20 for a piece of clothing that she'll grow out of within half a year's time. A OUaC, I've gotten tons of wonderful shirts, pants, dresses, etc., for anywhere from $1.50 to $6 apiece (if I'm getting a name brand). Shoes, I tend to get at Payless. I figure while she's too young to be anti-handmedown, I'm going to tak advantage of it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page