1 yr old tantrums HELP!! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-31-2006, 02:01 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i need alil advice, i have a 1 yr old who cries everytime i leave the room. right now i have a newborn that ive been trying to lay down for a nap but everytime i go lay him down she will cry right behind me and wake him up. I laid Destiny in my room and shut the door but she gets awaken after hearing the cries. Its more like a screaming crying. I put her in the saucer so i can go lay down her brother and she screamed so loud. i layed the newborn in my room and put the light jazz music alil louder so it can block out her crying. how do i make her stop crying??! ive given her toys, shes been changed.. she just cries everytime i leave the living room. i cant even use the bathroom!!

Raymond was never like this.. is this how lil girls are suppose to be at 1??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-31-2006, 02:03 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I don't know about all girls, but that's how my girl was a 1.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 8 Old 08-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 10
What I would do with any new children you are watching because they haven't had or can't explore the house and know where you are at all the time.

I would carry her around and show her each room and explain to her when you say I'm going to the bathroom or I'm going to put baby down for a nap she will have some concept of where you went. I would also until she's used to you leaving the room tell her I'm going to lay the baby down for night night. If she grasps that the room you are in is where you told her the baby was going night night she might be ok with that. I would remind as your walking down the hallway I'll be right back. Then when you return inform her "SEE I told you I was coming right back!"

My son was the same way even as a very young infant. I would tell him I was making his bottle and he would cry louder and I would say You like your milk right? mommy has to heat it up, ok be right there.

#4 of 8 Old 08-31-2006, 04:20 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

thats a good idea! thanks!!
#5 of 8 Old 08-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Special Member

Oh no, that sounds like a mess! I can just see you running all over the house trying to make all the babies happy . Haley was never like that; she was content all by herself. Will the one year old follow you in the room to lay the baby down maybe? That way she feel like she's being left alone.
#6 of 8 Old 08-31-2006, 05:54 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

she does follow me but shes crying. i had to lay her in the living room and i put some light jazz music hoping she will at least fall asleep if she sees me here near here. shes hasnt fallen asleep but at least shes quite and the others are able to sleep and rest now.
#7 of 8 Old 08-31-2006, 05:54 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

oo yeah my muscles were so tense, i called up my husband and told him i need a neck massage tonight.
#8 of 8 Old 09-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think helping her get to know your house better will definitely help. Can you distract her with a pre-made cup or bottle(maybe have a cracker ready to give her to) while you put the baby down? If the babies are down and she starts screaming I would hold and comfort her and then when she's calm put her back down and redirect right away(dancing to music, or playing with a cool toy).

Hopefully in time she will get used to things.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page