nursing baby only sleeps in family bed - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-19-2002, 02:28 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello, my daughter just turned one and has been in the family bed since she was 5 weeks old.
i am still nursing and will continue to do so for as long as she wants, the problem is she wakes
several times a night and the only way i know of getting her back to sleep is to nurse her.
i have tried different things such as encouraging her to lay back down and walking with her,
however that just escalates her crying. i have not had a full night sleep in over a year and a half
and any ideas would be greatly appreciated!Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-20-2002, 02:47 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sleep is a learned art but is she passifying herself back to sleep or is she really hungry if she is hungry you can"t deny her food.Some breast fed babies will not eat alot during the day and snack all night it will be easier if you know she is passifying can I suggest that you need to develope a way of calming her without using the boob to do this requires a lot of patience cuddling and above all do not break her trust, When she is passifying gently take her off your breast she may fuss but you have to see it through Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page