User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-26-2009, 08:33 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jerren hasn't slept for more then 8 hours last night and today! He kept waking up last night every hour, He has only taken cat naps which are about 10 min long through out today. Grandma and grandpa are in town so is that the reason, maybe he is getting over stimulated?

Also we are going to OK this weekend, which is a 8 hour drive and suggestions on traveling with a 9 week old?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-27-2009, 12:17 AM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Good luck! Maybe he will be a car baby and sleep all the way through. I never travelled that far with a young baby. Are both you and your dh going? One of you may have to sit in the back with him. It is possible to breastfeed without taking the baby out of the carseat, but it isn't easy and sometimes truckers in big rigs get a kick out of trying to get a "glimmer" of your boob. Otherwise, you may have to plan for several stops to feed the baby.

He probably is very excited from seeing so much of his grandparents. My kids are much older than they are still wound up from going to the circus last Wednesday!

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 5 Old 04-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
I've done road trips with a breast feeding baby and while it isn't necessarily "fun", it also isn't as difficult as people imagine. Brenna was only 3 weeks old the first time we drove from Ohio to NC. There was definitely some crying but she slept a good chunk of the time.
I think we stopped roughly every 2.5 - 3 hrs to feed and I also kept a back-up bottle of expressed milk that my daughter could help feed to her sister if need be. 3 stops added a little over an hour to our drive time.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06

#4 of 5 Old 04-27-2009, 09:42 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
awesome, I was thinking about trying to bf while he was in the carseat but I would be in the most awkward position LOL, yea the truckers might get a kick outta that too. Jerren Loves car rides he NEVER sleeps while we go from here to there when we do errands so I am hoping he does well on this one.

I was also thinking about bringing some back up bottles for just in case and then a lunchbox so if I needed I could just pump on the drive and then save my breastmilk. I knew I got so many icepacks for something.
#5 of 5 Old 04-27-2009, 12:26 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I hope your trip goes well. My niece is just like that, has been ever since she was born. If you find something out let us know! My sister would be glad to hear it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page