User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-28-2009, 02:17 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SO I just got my flu shot and was told they do have infant flu shots for babies 6+ months.

Is it a good idea to get Jerren a flu shot?
Who's gotten their LO a Flu shot? Any adverse reactions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 08-28-2009, 04:02 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
My dd is allergic to eggs and swelled up like a balloon. Unless your baby has an egg allergy, he probably won't have this reaction.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 11 Old 08-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 0
All 4 of mine got the flu shot (the little 3 need a 2nd dose) 2 weeks ago. No problems here yet.

#4 of 11 Old 08-29-2009, 01:25 AM

Likes Earned: 22
Both of mine got the nasal spray thingy before school started.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#5 of 11 Old 08-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've never gotten my kids the flu vaccine.
#6 of 11 Old 09-02-2009, 06:32 PM

I get it for the kids because it seems to run thru the school like wildfire here. Ally is at the 2nd smallest elementary in the district - someone gets something, it seems like half the school ends up with it. Neither of mine have ever had the flu, tho.

On another note, took Drew in to the Dr. Monday and got my flu shot while I was there. An hour later my upper arm was on fire, couldn't move it. Then my shoulder got tight. Then my neck. Next came a world class head ache. Which lead to the world's worst earache! Rick ended up having to stay home yesterday to get Ally off to school becasue I had been up all night. Weirest thing ever! I've never had that happen before! Ear is still bothering me today and my arm is still hot!

~*~Brenda~*~

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#7 of 11 Old 09-04-2009, 05:20 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Nope. My kids aren't getting it. They didn't have one last year and they didn't get any sicker than they did the year before. Also, the shots don't help if you get a strain of flu that isn't covered by the vaccine.

I only get mine because of all the crap I am exposed to at work... yeesh!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#8 of 11 Old 09-10-2009, 01:15 PM

Likes Earned: 0
I was planning to give my son the flu shot. There aren't any side effects, i guess.
#9 of 11 Old 09-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmerRN View Post
Nope. My kids aren't getting it. They didn't have one last year and they didn't get any sicker than they did the year before. Also, the shots don't help if you get a strain of flu that isn't covered by the vaccine.

I only get mine because of all the crap I am exposed to at work... yeesh!
This is SO true and this is the 1st year that all of mine have gotten it. My ped was pretty adamant that we ALL get it. I'll give it to the kids but I prolly won't get it myself.
#10 of 11 Old 09-10-2009, 04:41 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I get it free at the VA so I will get it. I am the only one of us whom is not allergic to eggs.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#11 of 11 Old 09-11-2009, 09:24 AM

Rick has to get it since he works at a hospital (it's free), but he still brings crud home. But Kimmer is right, if you get a strain that isn't covered by your shot, you are our of luck! But I figure better safe than sorry. And both of mine have gotten them since they were about 1 or 2.

~*~Brenda~*~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page