User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sooooooooooo yes I co sleep even though the doctor and my mil tell me it is a BAD BAD BAD thing to do.

I sleep better with my son close by and when he would sleep in his crib I never got sleep because I was to busy checking on him every second...literally.

So now I think it is time to move Jerren to his crib which is in my room, I am dreading it because he wakes(half awake) up sometimes and just sits up and then FALLS back down. He likes to randomly stretch his arm out to see if I am here and he loves to cuddle with me.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this an easy transition? Tips? lol I will take any advise now. The hubby will be back sooner or later and I doubt he is gonna wanna sleep with the baby in the bed, he already complains about the mini chihuahua that takes up to much space and prevents us from cuddling LOL.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 AM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Does he sleep in his own bed for naps?

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 9 Old 01-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
Hugs... I co slept some with all the girls (especially Tessa) because it was easier when breastfeeding.

I would start with nap time in his crib, I would also suggest putting a shirt of yours that you have worn in the crib with him (or lay with the sheets) so that it smells like you. Hugs, it's gonna be hard.

#4 of 9 Old 01-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
*Hugs* Gracie STILL is sleeping in my bed at almost 4 years old. She is old enough now that I can convince her to go to sleep in her own bed but it never fails that she is awake right around midnight climbing into bed with me. I have no big issues with it other than that it cuts into my sleep ... she's a mover when she's sleeping.
I'm honestly considering buying her a toddler size memory foam topper for her bed ... try to make it more comfortable and feel more like Mommy's bed. I don't know what else to do ... I tried a few nights of walking her back to her room and it became two hours of crying and walking back in my room every few minutes only to find her asleep on the hallway floor outside my door the next morning.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#5 of 9 Old 01-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
I co-slept with Jimmy and still do allow the 2 of them from time to time to sleep in my bed. However, when they're as little as Jared it's hard to not give in because you don't have any negotiating power. I felt like there was no turning back that I would never get Jimmy out of my bed, it took until he was well into his 4th year of age to get him to sleep in his bed. He still will ask all the time to sleep with me and I usually allow it once a week and use it as a reward for good behavior. It's tough when they're little like Jared.
#6 of 9 Old 01-22-2010, 10:28 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
wow, ok I don't feel so bad but I don't want my mini to turn out like I did as a kid... I slept in my parents bed until I was 7!!!

I think Im gonna try to move the crib next to my bed and slowly move it further away.

Nap times he sleeps in bed with me.. I usually relax or take a nap with him. Sometimes he takes a nap on the floor downstairs.
#7 of 9 Old 01-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
As much as it may pain you you have to stick to your guns. While I finally got Stuart in his own bed (yup I co-sleep too) I am still working on him sleeping through the night and I KNOW he can but I still get him and snuggle with the slightest grumble...
#8 of 9 Old 01-25-2010, 12:06 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Emily started sleeping with us occasionally when she was 6 months old. Pretty soon she was sleeping with us every night and that lasted for a couple of years. She still will sleep with us from time to time, and I love it. I miss having her near me. Travis doesn't sleep with us much, but he sleeps with Kyle's mom every night. That started a while back, about a year ago. So, don't beat yourself up too much about it. Getting Emily to sleep in her own bed was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Maybe it will be the same way with Jerren.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#9 of 9 Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 AM

Likes Earned: 0
You could try using a co-sleeper bassinet to help with the transition. The bassinet can attach to the bed and the transfer from bed to bassinet is much smoother and less bumps to interrupt baby's sleep. The sooner you can start the process of moving from the bed to either crib or bassinet the better. My 5 year old niece co-slept for almost 4 years and has major sleep issues now. She needs a parent by her side to get to sleep. Proceed with caution and best of luck with the transition.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page