Brandon doesn't like meat much - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-02-2010, 11:55 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Brandon is almost 7 months now and we have been on solids since 4 months. We started on the 2nd foods recently, and started the Gerber meats. So far, he really hasn't liked any of the meats or even the blends like chicken noodles. I guess I can't blame him, the meats jars smell pretty pungent when you open them. So I am guessing the flavors are just too strong for him right now.

He loves the veggies and fruits, and the oatmeal blends. Is not liking meats much pretty normal at this age? Should I be concerned yet about his protein intake if he is not eating the meats? He doesn't go back to the doc until 9 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-02-2010, 01:04 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Is he still on the breast or the bottle? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about it. My kids didn't like meat much until they could eat the same stuff we do. Now they love meat. It could just be the baby food meats he doesn't like and he'll grow to like it when he is older.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 7 Old 06-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
Get a food processor and just puree whatever you are having for dinner. Mix the veggies and meats together and it will help with the taste. Otherwise as Lenora said, if he is still on breast milk or formula he should still be getting plenty of protien.

#4 of 7 Old 06-02-2010, 07:49 PM

Kim, Drew never would eat any of the meats until he was old enough to eat the ones that look like vienna sausages - I think they are stage 3 foods. Ped said not to worry, so I didn't. And it obviously didn't do him any harm as he's bigger than Rick now! LOL! His formula should give him everything he needs, plus it is going to take time for him to adjust not only to the taste but the texture. Try again in a few weeks or do what Heather suggested and mix some yourself. Drew loved table food, I just hated making it.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#5 of 7 Old 06-02-2010, 08:13 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Thanks ladies, I was hoping that the response would be this. Brandon is still on several bottles a day, though he doesn't always finish the ones in the evening. So I guess he will be getting enough of what he needs.

Our bigger problem now is he really really wants to eat what we have on the table! He lunged so hard for my plate the other night, he almost fell out of my lap.

I don't think i have a blender to puree regular foods for him, but I do try to give him a taste of oatmeal, mashed potatoes, etc. The ped said we could start table foods like that. Hmm. I do have a Magic Bullet. I bet that would puree something. Will try it out this weekend.
#6 of 7 Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I was going to suggest a Magic Bullet! It should be easier to clean than a blender or food processor for small amounts. Getting out my big food processor and washing it is such a pain. My husband uses his Magic bullet to puree stuff.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#7 of 7 Old 06-04-2010, 10:11 PM

Any kind of blender will work. I loved the stick one I had and used for Ally, but it broke. :sad: Just be sure his food isn't spiced. I used to pull the kids portion out before adding anything, or cooked it seperate if I had to.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page