Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-26-2000, 12:56 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well we got an exciting and unexpected Christmas present .... Cody took his first steps during our Christmas Eve festivities! There were 6 adults and several kids sitting around opening presents last night, and he decided he wanted to get from the coffee table to where I was sitting at.

He took 3 big steps to me!!! Of all of those people in the room, only my dad and I saw him -- poor hubby was in the wrong place at the wrong time. We managed to get him to do it twice more last night, but my dad and I were still the only ones that saw it -- everyone else was too busy opening gifts or watching the kids open them.

It was especially exciting since we weren't anticipating it -- with Jessi, we had been working with her for weeks to help her walk. It didn't even occur to me that Cody was ready yet, so when he took those steps, it was so exciting! My baby is growing up so quickly! Sniff, sniff! Gosh, he's already into everything now -- can't wait to see what the next few weeks hold in store!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-30-2000, 11:57 PM

Wow Dawn, you must be excited. I can't wait to see Jordan crawl for the first time. But Jordan is smart, she knows she has 2 sisters who will come the instant she cries.
#3 of 5 Old 12-31-2000, 01:12 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

I am tickled! Those firsts are wonderful, aren't they? It's amazing how proud we are of the smallest accomplishments -- ah, the joys of parenting! Makes it worth every stretch mark, every labor pain, every sleepless night!

#4 of 5 Old 12-31-2000, 06:59 PM

Congratulations! That is sooooo exciting. Are you ready (Babyproofing, etc...)?
#5 of 5 Old 12-31-2000, 07:53 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Are you kidding? I never un-babyproofed from Jessica!

He is into stuff so much more than she ever was! He chews on cords, unplugs anything he can get his hands on, puts everything in his mouth -- oh! He just keeps me busy chasing after him as it is.

He's the "sweet and loving" one, but boy oh boy is he going to be trouble!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page