Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 02:52 PM - Thead Starter
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am soo sick of spit-up William spits up a ton everytime I feed him. He drenches me! Does anyone else have a spitter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 05:24 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
Liz was a puker baby for about 6 months.....it drove me buts
#3 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Special Member

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Tyler is such a puker! I just finished cleaning carpets this morning, and he just threw up all over them again! AND ME! I was literally cleaning spit up off my arm when I read your post.

I've noticed that when I feed him yogurt, it's not as bad. We've got a 6 month check up tomorrow and I'm going to ask the doc what I can do. I'll let you know if I get any good advice!

#4 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 06:02 PM - Thead Starter
Advanced Member

Please do! Anna was a spitter too and I let the doctor put her on Zantac and something else, but she hated it and it didn't seem to help so I quit giving them to her.
#5 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 06:19 PM

Kale was a spitter too .. until Zantac. He took the liquid form and it did not bother him at all. The ing stopped after the Zantac.

Good luck ...
#6 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 06:27 PM
Special Member

Thanks for mentioning the Zantac ... I'm going to ask about it. I assumed he would outgrow this when he started eating solids, but now, we just have colored stains on the carpet.

This probably sounds awful ... but I've gotten to the point where I really don't want to pick him up. I've had puke down my shirt, on my arm, in my hair, etc. I can count on having to change clothes AT LEAST once per day ... and I can't count the number of times that I have to change him.

Poor baby ... I know he must be miserable, but I'm so tired of smelling it! Isn't that awful? At least I know it must be excessive if it's starting to affect me wanting to hold him.
#7 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 06:34 PM

Kristen and Dawn, I know exactly how you feel. Sydney is quite the puker too. And when she spits up, it's like her entire meal and it gets all over the place. I am too, getting quite sick of it.

On Canada Day long weekend, Marco picked her up and she all in his hair, all down his face and all over his clothes. It was hilarious! I know I shouldn't laugh, but it never fails, as soon as he picks her up.

Anyway, I'm getting barfed on after every feeding, and Dawn you are right, it's to the point where I don't even want to pick her up. I feel like attaching a bag around her neck, so it'll land in there. Do you know how many outfits we go through in a day? They're all wet and smell like puke. I'm to the point, where I don't see the point of getting her dressed.

What does Zantac do? Let us know Dawn when you talk to your Dr. We're going this week too, for Sydney's 6 month shots and also her thrush still hasn't cleared up, so I think I'll ask about that too.
#8 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 08:43 PM - Thead Starter
Advanced Member

William's head and neck and hair are always so nasty
too. I'm glad he doesn't eat solids yet. I remember that is really gross
#9 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 11:40 PM

The Zantac was a miracle cure for us! Kale went from 10 - 18 times a day to ZERO times a day! It is a very mild medication and I strongly recommend it! I believe it neturalized the acid in their tummies!!!! It is worth a shot!
#10 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 11:42 PM

BTW ... I forgot to mention that Kale was a overly stimulated baby .. car rides were a big NO NO .. no further than 15 - 20 minutes away and he would still puke then. No stimulation like crowds .. NOTHING. But the Zantac cured that. And he tool it twice a day for about 4 months ... now he only takes it if he pukes ... that has only been three days in three months!
#11 of 22 Old 07-08-2002, 11:56 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
It is also given for reflux, which causes spitting up in babies and pain as well esp when lying flat.
#12 of 22 Old 07-09-2002, 12:31 AM

That's what Kale has .. acid reflux!!
#13 of 22 Old 07-09-2002, 12:34 AM
Special Member

Well Tyler spit up at least 15 times today ... probably more, but I lost count. I finally just put a towel on my lap and layed him down. I am so glad we have an appointment tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to find some relief for TJ.
#14 of 22 Old 07-09-2002, 02:37 AM

Be sure to let us know how it goes, Dawn. I'm anxious to know what the Dr. says. Can you ask them if that Zantac is safe to give, even if they don't have acid reflux, just alot of

Thanks.
#15 of 22 Old 07-09-2002, 08:55 AM
Special Member

I'll get the scoop on it ... man. It's going to be a long appointment! Tyler and his puking, and Jessi and her erractic behavior. We'll definitely get out money's worth today!
#16 of 22 Old 07-09-2002, 10:15 AM
Addicted Member

My ped recommended smaller feedings and to hold upright for at least 20 minutes after eating, no bouncing or exertion. Brandon used to do this all the time also, but just be happy to know it doesn't last forever. I think it's been a couple of months since we went through this and he is almost 11 months.
#17 of 22 Old 07-28-2002, 01:56 AM

Liz, I had to stop drinking milk and eating ice cream for a couple of months too. I know you're not nursing, but it's true that alot of baby's tend to have a sensitivity to cow's milk.

With me going off milk products for a couple of months had really helped, it's made a world of difference. Sydney still throws up quite a bit, but her Dr. said that if she gets too full, then the milk has nowhere to go but out.
#18 of 22 Old 07-28-2002, 02:34 AM

Her BM's used to be fairly runny, when I was still drinking milk on a regular basis. Now that she's been on solid foods for a couple fo months, her tummy seems to be able to even it all out, so I can start to slowly work the dairy back into my diet.
Her Dr. said that her sensitivity could be caused by the amount of milk I drank while pregnant. I craved it and drank like 10 glasses a day. Before I got pregnant and even now, I've never been much of a milk drinker.
#19 of 22 Old 07-28-2002, 07:44 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Alisha was a spit up baby too until we found out the her phecter(sorry Spelling) Wasn't all the way closed. We had to make sure she sit up for all feedings no mater what it was. No rough house quiet for at least 30 min. in the beginning it was an hour. I do wish you all the best of luck!
#20 of 22 Old 07-28-2002, 09:59 AM

Gavin was a spitter too and until now I just thought it was normal! I always carried a cloth diaper everywhere we went. Not only did he spit up, he would ooze all day long! I have this really funny home video of my brother playing with Gavin and Gavin spit up on his face. Dawn I know this is old, but what did the doctor say?
#21 of 22 Old 07-28-2002, 10:04 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Zantac is given to reduce the amount of acid your stomach produces and/or cut down cut down what is already there. I take 300mg per day and probably will forever - I have reflux very badly.

Ally was a spitter until she was about 6 or 7 months old. It slowly started clearing up after that. I had her checked for reflux - nothing, thank goodness. Her ped said some babies just spit up alot! DUH!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#22 of 22 Old 07-28-2002, 11:23 PM

My Mom said that I every time you looked at me. So it must be just some babies??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page