How can I make my baby Happy and Satisfied while I try to give her a bath? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-30-2000, 11:58 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, How can I make my baby Happy and Satisfied while I try to give her a bath? Can anyone give me advice or any tips . Thanks
Happy New Year in 2001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-31-2000, 12:02 AM
Special Member

Are you still using one of the plastic baby baths or are you using the big tub?

Does she cry and fuss the whole time?
#3 of 8 Old 12-31-2000, 12:10 AM - Thead Starter

Hello, I am using the big tub she outgrew the baby tub!
No luckly she does not cry or fuss when I give her a bath she just wiggles to much to where I come real close to loosing my grip on her I while I am giving her a bath.
Thanks Happy New Year in 2001

#4 of 8 Old 12-31-2000, 12:41 AM
Special Member

I got the neatest tub when my daughter was a baby. It's called a Eurotub and it's much larger than your average baby bath. I had to put it in the big tub, but she was able to use it until she was about 18 months old. If you turn it in one direction, they can lay down while you bath them (with support). Then you can turn it around when they are sitting up and use it that way. It was really neat. Unfortunatly, my son outgrew it fairly early, so we went with the bath ring for him.

Here's the tub I was talking about. It might help make bathing easier on you at least.

https://www.babyuniversity.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=765

They are definitely slick little buggers when wet. I decided it would be easiest to give me son a quick bath when I was in the shower the other day -- don't think I'll try that again! Didn't drop him, of course, but it sure was hard keeping a hold on him. I believe we'll stick with tub baths from now on!
#5 of 8 Old 12-31-2000, 12:53 AM

My baby is six months and I put like a hand towel in the bottom of the bathtub and then put a couple of inches of water in and let her lay on her back. She loves it and will kick and splash so much I normally will have to add more water. I tried a bath ring with my middle one but she kept slipping.
#6 of 8 Old 12-31-2000, 02:14 AM
Special Member

I also had this really inexpensive foam thing that went in the bottom of the tub. It happened to be shaped like a teddy bear, and was maybe 2 inches thick. You'd just lay them on top of it. That might work too!
#7 of 8 Old 01-05-2001, 03:13 PM
Special Member

I take my 3 month old into the shower with me and he loves it! First I strip him down to a diaper and he sits outside the tub in his bouncy seat until I get washed, then I reach out and get him and bring him in. He laughs and gurgles and it's easier than bending over the tub; it also saves time if your in a hurry. I also use my kitchen sink( after a good disinfecting and without any dishes in it!!), it's also easier on the back.
#8 of 8 Old 01-05-2001, 03:20 PM - Thead Starter

Thanks ! All our sinks are to small to put our daughter in to bathe her! Have A Great Year!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page