Baby body wash/shampoos - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-11-2003, 11:27 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are these any good? I got a bottle for Kate when she is born.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 03-12-2003, 12:01 AM - Thead Starter

I meant the baby kinds. I wondered if they worked that well. I thought it would be easier to buy one bottle than a whole bunch of different kinds of stuff. I got the knock off of Baby Magic hypoallergenic. I haven't smelled it yet.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 12 Old 03-12-2003, 12:15 AM - Thead Starter

Thanks. When I was trying to decide what to get to bathe her, I suddenly realized I could end up with a whole cart full of stuff to take to the bath. I though "hmm... whole cart load or just one bottle to pay for and lug around." It was an easy decision, but I wandered if it was the right one when I got it home. It smells like bubble bath.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#4 of 12 Old 03-12-2003, 12:01 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
I just use the same for Kelsey. Baby Magic. I do use the body wash on her hair too. It is tear free and I don't want to buy two things. Plus she hates getting a bath so much the soap ends up everywhere! But I may by her the Lavender scent next
#5 of 12 Old 03-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Oh---I love that stuff. I got some for Jonathan. It was baby wash for body and hair. It smelled wonderful. It was the foaming kind. It's liquid, but the dispenser makes it foam. It was a little over $2 for a bottle, but it has lasted forever!

I have a TON of bath stuff that I could send you if you want it, I bought a little bit of everything. PM me your address if you want it.
#6 of 12 Old 03-12-2003, 12:18 PM

Likes Earned: 22
I get the Suave Baby Shampoo/Body Wash. I love the way it smells and it works great. Plus it's cheaper than Johnson's or Baby Magic. I have used the store brands too and they work just fine. I just like the way the Suave smells. Plus, I always have coupons for Suave stuff.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#7 of 12 Old 03-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
We used Johnson and Johnson the whole time adn it worked great. The body wash stuff is great because you only need the one bottle to do everything
#8 of 12 Old 03-12-2003, 01:25 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Liz,

I find baby magic at the dollar store too. So much cheaper than walmart.

Brenda,
Christian uses the suave kind. It does smell good~
#9 of 12 Old 03-14-2003, 10:56 AM

I usually just get the cheapo body wash at the dollar store or wal-mart and then do their body and hair with the same stuff. I do have shampoo too but do not always use both. Sometimes (and especially when they do not want to have a bath) it is easier to just use one thing. And always make sure it is safe for their eyes. That way if yoiu are rinsing and it washes into their face you do not have to worry!

Now Maddie can not use any of the baby products. She has to use Cetaphil soap and lotion. The baby stuff has broken her out.
#10 of 12 Old 03-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Special Member

The only one that my kids haven't complained about burning there eyes is the Johnson and Johnson. I have used sauve, store brands, l'oreal, and the baby magic and each time they have said it hurts there eyes, even though they are all supposed to be tear free. I tried the baby magic and I must admit it did sting a little, not as much as regular soap/shampoo, but it wasn't what I would call tear free. I have told everyone that I will only be using Johnson and Johnson this time. I too only use one bottle for both hair and body, they all have pretty much the same ingredients anyway.
#11 of 12 Old 03-14-2003, 03:21 PM

i either use Aveeno baby wash or i use Johnson and Johnson either one is there at the time i'm shopping
#12 of 12 Old 03-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 3
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have only tried the Gerber brand and it works well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page