BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baby Basics (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pubic hair??? He's only 8mos old!!! (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53829)

sede 06-25-2003 12:32 AM

I was changing Zack's diaper the other day and lo-and-behold, there's a pube growing on the right side of his scrotum!!

What in the world???
It's 2 hairs growing from the same hole/pore/follicle.....
At first I thought an eyelash of mine had fallen onto his little self but then when I tried to get it off I saw that it was attached!!

That's just weird, isn't it?
Should I call the doctor?

The daughter of one of my mom's friends suggested that maybe it was due to my hormones since Zack's breastfed - ya reckon?

I need some input - I even want to pull it out but I don't want to hurt him!

KJBBDOLL 06-25-2003 12:43 AM

I hafta admit my reaction when i first saw this thread was and a lil chuckle! Sorry
I don't think that it is anything to do with breastfeeding, imo. What it sounds like it could be to me is maybe a birthmark that hasn't totally shown up yet may be about to arise? KWIM? Sometimes moles and birthmarks produce black hairs...only thing that i can think of-sry. I would probably ask your Dr about it next time he is in for a well baby check up though.

Joy1 06-25-2003 01:02 AM

I also doubt it has to do with breastfeeding. Breastfeeding doesn't speed up puberty, not by 12 years or so anyway. I'd ask the doc too, hope it doesn't worry you too much!

sede 06-25-2003 01:17 AM

Okay, thanks yall....... at speeding up puberty by 12 years!

He goes for his 9mo well-baby chkup 7/21 -- wonder if I can wait that long to pull it out!

Liz&NicksMom 06-25-2003 01:30 AM

I woudl ask your dr about iti.....but ti could just be somethign as simple as a birthmark

sede 06-25-2003 02:39 AM

hadn't even considered a birthmark..... that's pretty interesting!
Thanks, y'all!

Meagan 06-25-2003 09:26 AM

I would wait and ask the doctor. And in the meantime not worry about it.

Becky 06-25-2003 11:33 AM

If you can't wait that long does your ped have a nurse line? You could just call and see what they want you to do? Logan was born mark free but by 1 month he started to develop a light brown spot on his leg. Of course I freaked but they told me it was a birth mark and that sometimes they don't appear right away.

BeccaSueBoo 06-25-2003 11:41 AM

Ack!!! Don't pull out his pubes!

AWKSMOM 06-25-2003 11:46 AM

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but if you're like me, you'll call the doctor just to get their opinion and advice.

sede 06-26-2003 01:01 AM

well, I haven't pulled the pubes!
I think I will call the nurse line tomorrow, though - good idea.....