User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-03-2000, 05:39 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, my name is Lori I am 25 and I currently live in Eielson AFB, Alaska.I have a wonderful husband Ron and I have 3 beautiful girls and my youngest is 4 1/2 months. I don't know why but my mind has went blank with this one. I find myself constantly looking at the baby books for advice. I am sure this board will help me out a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-09-2000, 12:39 AM
Special Member

Hi Lori!

I know exactly what you mean! I still have to pull out all of the books to see when Cody's supposed to be sitting up, or crawling, or eating solids .. etc. I thought we were supposed to know what we were doing this time around. LOL

I must say I don't panic as much and we have had far fewer doctor visits this time around, but maybe that's because I spend so much time surfing the net for advice these days!

How's Alaska? I'd freeze to death! Give me the tropics anyday! But I do hear it's beautiful up that way!

#3 of 7 Old 11-09-2000, 03:45 AM - Thead Starter

Hi Dawn

I'm glad I'm not alone. The one kid that I would actually like advice and nobody gives me any!! As far as Alaska goes it is sort of pretty when you can see the mountains in the background but the area I'm in I don't think is that pretty. Unless you love hunting there is not too much to do up here. Plus we are about to only have about 3 hours of daylight if we are lucky and unfortunately we finally hit the negatives this week. I was hoping it would hold off for a little while longer. I don't think I would like the tropics but someplace a little bit warmer would be nice.

#4 of 7 Old 11-09-2000, 10:35 AM

Hi Lori -

How do you do it with three kids under 4?!?!? I'm not sure I have the patience for it anymore! lol! I have 3 children also, but mine are 12, 9 and 3(our bonus child:-) I have to say that with her I'm VERY relaxed ~ once your kids reach middle school, you gain some perspective about what REALLY will have lasting effects. I can remember agonizing over which preschool teacher my big kids had,when they were potty trained, if their clothes matched, (although I still make her "match" when we go out!), and more little things like that - . You realize that in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference in how they turn out. (hope that made sense!) And you realize what really makes a difference is being consistant in teaching them how to be decent human beings. (they start off quite uncivilized, don't they? lol!)

At 4 1/2 months she's cute & cuddly still, isn't she? That is such a fun age - they start getting a personality:-) (I'm definitely finished - but I LOVE babies!)

How cold does it get, btw? Where is Eilson AFB?

#5 of 7 Old 11-10-2000, 12:44 AM - Thead Starter

Hi kbmichaux,

As far as having 3 kids under 4, all I do is take it one day at a time. If the kids have had a bad day all I do is hope tomorrow will be better. You really look forward to their bedtime and hope that everyone goes to sleep.
Yes my baby is definitly still cute and cuddly and seems to be getting cuter every day. At least to me. We were supposed to be done with babies after this one too but she is growing up so fast that I'm not sure that I could say I'm done. My husband of course would have something else to say about that. I think I would have to wait until Jordan is at least 3 or 4 though because I don't think I could handle this again. Sleep deprivation is starting to get to me.
Eielson AFB is located about 30 minutes away from Fairbanks,Alaska or about 300 miles away from Anchorage if you don't know where Fairbanks is. It gets very cold down here in the winter. The coldest has been -60 and I would say our highest in the summer is in the 80's if we are lucky.
#6 of 7 Old 12-01-2000, 01:54 AM

Oh what a relief...........
I am,not alone...I have four kids now and the last 2 are almost side by side, yet I completely forgot how to change a diaper, clean the cord, and give a bath.I was absent minded when I was pregnant but good gravy I thought after she was born I would gain back some dignity and brain power..HAH!!!!
boy was I wrong....
It is comforting to know we can really stick together.
Thanx ladies. I feel better now.......whew!!
Diane
Kailah-11/10/88
Craigie-3/7/93
Noah-1/8/99
Emmah-10/24/00
#7 of 7 Old 12-13-2000, 01:28 PM
Special Member

I have to say I admire you both for the patience you must have with that many little ones. I only have 2 (and my husband swears thats all we're having) and sometimes I think I'll go nuts. As for needing more advice with the last one; a wise woman( my grandmother, who has 4 natural and 1 adopted) once told me," you give a little of your own brain to each baby, so it's understandable to be a little adled." She told me this as I was frantically searching for a spatula to flip my 3 year olds grilled cheese; I found it in my hand!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page