decreased formula intake - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-15-2000, 02:12 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what everyone does when their baby decreases the amount of formula they will take. Should I still offer the cereal and babyfood? I'm lucky if Jordan will eat 4 oz even after sleeping all night. This has been going on now for almost 3 days and she only eats about 15-20 oz of formula right now. Plus I have her on 2 feedings of babyfood and cereal. One at breakfast and the other at supper. Before she ate about 30oz of formula with the other feedings. Well I would appreciate any advice or ideas anyone has for me.Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-15-2000, 06:02 PM
Special Member

Does she seem to be acting normal otherwise? The feeding charts at the Enfamil website indicates she should be taking 24-32 ounces per day. I'm assuming she was drinking close to that prior to 3 days ago? Is she eating more solids than usual? Maybe she's just going through a phase and will get back to normal within a few days.

I can remember many days when Cody would barely take a bottle, especially when he first discovered solids. Then he'd go through phases (and he still does) where one day he prefers formula, another, he'd rather have food. I used to notice it particularly after he had a little growing spurt. He'd drink up to 40 oz a day for a few days, then cut way back for a few more.

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to call the doctor and ask their opinion. It would probably put your mind at ease. I'd love to hear how it turns out. Keep us posted!
#3 of 4 Old 11-18-2000, 03:09 PM
Special Member

Just wondering if she's back to her normal eating habits or if you're still experiencing problems?

#4 of 4 Old 11-20-2000, 01:14 PM - Thead Starter

Hi Dawn

She's doing pretty good at times. There are still times that she only eats 3 oz but then I try to add another feeding in there before she takes a nap. I tried cutting out a cereal feeding but then she stayed up past midnight. So I guess unless she starts losing weight I'm just going to just let her do what she wants.Like you said I hope she is just going through a phase. She has never eaten 40oz in fact I'm lucky if she eats 30. Seems like my kids have gotten fussier and fussier with each one that I have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page