User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-02-2001, 06:22 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering what everyone has for nursery themes? We went with stars for Pierce. It has been so fun and it turned out so cute! It is so peaceful in his room. The walls are blue and the stars and clouds are removable stickers that glow in the dark. It is amazing how many star things I found. My mother made the curtains and quilts. It turned out very cute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 02-02-2001, 06:49 PM

Love the stars/clouds theme!

Emily's room is painted a soft yellow ("popcorn") on the walls 3/4 of the way up and then the rest of the wall and the ceiling are painted baby blue with soft sponged clouds. Where the two colors meet, we have an adorable border of pastel colored teddy bears playing on clouds .. the bottom of the border follows the shape of the clouds. At night her room is truly magical! We have a stuffed moon and stars hanging from the ceiling in one corner, and other moon/star/cloud accents around the room.

The theme works out great for either a boy or girl -- we just add more lavender / pink for Emily.

I have also gotten addicted to Boyds Bears -- we have medium and small bears around her room; ones with french "chapeaus" and girls in pinafores! Very girlie!

Sorry for the long-winded message .. I just love how Emily's room turned out also!! A nursery is a success if it makes YOU feel good!
#3 of 15 Old 02-02-2001, 07:09 PM
Special Member

Wow -- I never did finish Cody's room. Somewhere along the way I just lost my oomph. But it started out Noah's Ark -- a very cute crib set with .... clouds and stars. LOL

#4 of 15 Old 02-02-2001, 07:36 PM - Thead Starter

I know what you mean...I am so proud of his room. It takes alot of work, but it is so fun!!
#5 of 15 Old 02-02-2001, 11:06 PM

Likes Earned: 10
LOL austin just has blankets and plain sheets.. we didn't do a "theme" because we wer living with my parents at the time.. and I didn't wnt to decorate her house b/c we moved out when austin was 6 weeks old..

but now.. he jsut has a lot of stuffed animals in his room..

~Robyn~
~Mommy to~
Austin & Dylan

Remember, You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing..
#6 of 15 Old 02-03-2001, 04:08 AM

We went with Pooh Bear for Jordan. I know it is original but there really isn't too many choices up here. We had to have our wall decorations mailed to us, which my mom was nice enough to do.

Alyssa's was Disney babies. Her room was so cute and we ended up moving when she was 5 months old. I was so mad because my husband wouldn't let me spend the money again.

Kayla's was bears but we really didn't get a chance to decorate because we moved 2 weeks before we had her.
#7 of 15 Old 02-03-2001, 10:56 AM
Special Member

Disney babies --- the mint green ones? We did those with Jessi -- we even trimmed her room out in mint green. I think I'll be seeing that color for the rest of my life.
#8 of 15 Old 02-03-2001, 04:06 PM

No they weren't mint green, they were the pastel colors with some kind of decoration on the wall border but I don't remember for sure.
#9 of 15 Old 02-04-2001, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member

David's nursery (and Anna's before we moved) was decorated with a border of cute woodsy animals. There was a squirrel, rabbit, birds. It was so cute!! I miss that about my old house. His new room (in the old house) had a border with all kinds of balls on it. We repainted the chest from my nursery a dark green and I painted the knobs to looks like tennis balls, basketballs, baseballs, and soccer balls. We still have the chest of course but not the wallpaper.
#10 of 15 Old 02-05-2001, 02:30 PM

My DH picked out the crib bedding it is the Hey Diddle Diddle Nursery Rhyme, with all the extra details in the Cow Jumped over the Moon part of it.

So I have been busy making things for the nursery in my spare time, this weekend I repainted a old bookcase, and made a back panel and front panels out of moon and cloud material to enclose it. I will use it to stack diapers, and lotion and all the baby care stuff on. I accented the front by making little tie backs and attached little cow buttons.

I have also made a little plaque for the door that says baby is sleeping that I decopaged. I have also made a keepsake box out of a paper mache trunk that I painted and decorated with glow in the dark paint, and also moons and stars.

My Dh thinks I have to much free time, I just say that I'm saving money.

#11 of 15 Old 02-05-2001, 02:42 PM
Special Member

I wanted the Hey Diddle, Diddle set so bad! But I couldn't see spending all that money on it. Of course by the time you add up the sewing machine, materials that are still sitting in the closet, and the set my MIL ended up buying, I should have just gone for it!

It sounds like the nursery is going to be absolutely adorable! You're just such the crafty type! Wish I were!
#12 of 15 Old 06-04-2009, 08:06 PM

There are a lot of murals you can buy that are very affordable and they can completely revamp a room with no painting, borders, effort etc. You can just put it on the wall and nursery decorations complete! We bought the dolphin one seen here http://ourbabynursery.com/index.php?...643f2055ed9c61
We added similar color bedding and it looks very nice.

Mike
#13 of 15 Old 06-05-2009, 10:37 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
We have a mash of a lot of stuff.
#14 of 15 Old 08-24-2009, 12:52 PM

Well i feel guilty sometimes bcoz i didn't do anything for my babies room. He is almost three now
#15 of 15 Old 09-07-2009, 11:33 AM

Hello,

I find jungle book theme very attractive and full of life, i`1ll prefer it for nursery theme.

Regards,
cheron_9

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page