Diaper Prices Increased - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-20-2000, 12:44 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! Did anyone else happen to notice that diaper prices just soared? I used to get a megapack of Pampers for around $18 and Luvs for $16. I just paid $20 for a pack of Luvs today and saw that Pampers were $22.

Could this have something to do with the shortage a few weeks ago? Unreal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-20-2000, 02:45 PM

Hi Dawn,
I haven't noticed a price increase here yet. I already pay almost 15 dollars for a jumbo though so if they increase much more I don't know what I'm going to do being that I still have 2 kids in diapers. We had a shortage up here while they were waiting for all the new packages to come in. I can't believe they have switched them all to cloth. I prefer the plastic ones. With those cloth ones I will never be able to keep a diaper on my middle one. Did you happen to buy the diapers at Walmart? When I lived in Nebraska they almost always increased the price around this time of year then it would go back down in a couple of months.
#3 of 3 Old 11-20-2000, 02:57 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

I did happen to look at WalMart, who coincidentally, does not carry cases of diapers anymore. But, I went to Target, Kmart, and Walmart and they were all much higher.

And I agree ... I HATE the clothlike diapers! I guess I'll end up back at Sams, but they only carry Huggies, which is my least favorite of the 3 major brands.

I wonder if someone in the states could ship you diapers any cheaper? Of course, I'm assuming you're buying them at the commissary, which is probably cheaper than we can get them around here.

Very few things I miss about military life ... but the PX and Commisary are two!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page