Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-07-2001, 08:36 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter has horrible diaper rash. I have no experience with this because my son never had a problem. I have tried Balmex and A & D Ointment on her. I have even used Caldescence powder. I have also tried using different diapers. It is getting worse and is really raw looking. She cries when I change her because she is so sore. Does any one have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 10-07-2001, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
My DD had bad diaper rashes when she was a baby. Keep her diaper and any cream off untill after her skin is completely dry. It also helps to let her go without the diaper as often as possible.
I never tried it but have heard that Lansinoh really helps with diaper rash. It is a lanolin cream sold for breast feeding mothers who have dry cracked nipples. I use it on my hands sometimes though.
You can find it at Walmart in the breastfeeding section of the baby department.

If nothing helps it could be yeast and you may want to have it checked out.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#3 of 9 Old 10-07-2001, 10:30 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Christian just had the worst diaper rash a few weeks ago. It was raw We used bag balm and it worked wonderfully. It was cleared up within 2 days!

Some people will suggest using the Aveeno Oatmeal bath or something like that. I think that is what Tara suggests so she can probably tell you more about it.

I have used Aveeno diaper rash cream and it worked good but since we used the bag balm this last time I swear by it now!

#4 of 9 Old 10-07-2001, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Take her to see your pediatrician - it could be a yeast infection rash. The doctor will be able to prescribe a cream for you, and it should clear up very quickly.

Don't worry - it's common, but it won't clear up with everyday diaper rash cream.
#5 of 9 Old 10-07-2001, 02:24 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I always reccomend Aveeno Oatmeal Bath!! I used it when Devon used to get rashes, and it works great! Bathe her in it 2 times a day, and it should help. Make sure her skin gets some air during diaper changes.....you coulld just keep the diaper off a few min. and that will help.

There are a lot of past threads on Diaper rashes, so you could look back thru them, and see what a bunch of other people said helped them!

I hope it gets better soon!!
#6 of 9 Old 10-07-2001, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member

When my son had a really bad diaper rash I tried Balmex and it worked great! It didn't burn like some of the other creams did. He had a sore butt to the point it was bleeding and that cleared it up in a few days. I hope you find a way to clear it up
#7 of 9 Old 10-08-2001, 12:10 AM
Addicted Member

She may also have an allergy to all brands of disposable diapers. My Autn went through this with my cousin and finally had to put him in nothing but cloth diapers. No matter what she tried or what the doctor suggested, cloth diapers did the trick.
#8 of 9 Old 10-24-2001, 11:05 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Well after trying a lot of different things to help clear it up..turns out it is a yeast infection. It has pretty much gone away. I think Maddie also just is really sensitive because I noticed that some wipes really irritate her. Also for some reason the white cloud diapers really give her a horrible rash all over. I have no problem using cloth diapers if it comes to it...I did it half the time with my son. Although it would be nice to hold off a bit until we aren't going thru so many diapers!
#9 of 9 Old 10-24-2001, 12:41 PM
Addicted Member

Logan is really sensitive to things too. I can use the WhiteCloud Diapers, but there are some that come in yellow package, I think they are drypers or baby drys, but he can not even have ONE of those on for any length of time. Good luck getting rid of that yeast infection, poor baby.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page