Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 02:22 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been debating with myself on if I should get PJ and Emily Stride Rites. They are so friggin expensive and I have to buy for 2 babies!
I figured that I would wait until they grew out of the size 2 shoes that they have before I buy them. Guess what? PJ and Emily's sandals are too tight and it's getting harder to put all of their other shoes on, so tomorrow I am going to the Stride Rite store to get them fitted for walking shoes and sandals. I was just at their web site to find out what it's going to cost for 2 pairs of shoes for each of them (Sandals and walking shoes) and it's going to be almost $175 after tax! I hope these shoes are worth it!
Gary and I figure that it's better to get them good quality shoes, especially since PJ's little foot turns out slightly when she takes steps. I would hate to screw up their feet because I thought the shoes were too expensive and didn't want to spend the money. They will only have two pairs of shoes to start them out in size 3's, but I don't think that I can afford more than that for this month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 02:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
#3 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 03:50 AM

Likes Earned: 0
I know what you mean about them being expensive. I have to make a trip there myself. My little one just started walking too. They do have good shoes though, which they need when they start to walk.

#4 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Hmmm.... I never did that. My kids spent a lot of time barefoot when they were first walking. But my best friend did the stride rite thing too. SO expensive!!!
#5 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Haley had a pair of stride rites when she was little (her God mother bought them). It was funny because I went in there complaining that no shoes fit her right...they ended up sizing her in a tripple wide. They didn't even have them in the store, had to be ordered.
She went barefoot a lot as a toddler.
But now Haley's God mother is raising her granddaughter in Stride Rites too. She swears by them.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#6 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
THe kids walked (and still do) around barefoot a lot...the only wear shoes when we go out somewhere.
#7 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Jen
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 2
None of mine have had Stride Rites. We are barefooted most of the time.
#8 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
we are barefooted alot of the time, and in our soft soled shoes when we do go out.....
#9 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 12:56 PM

I love stride rites. If I could afford them, I would have bought them all the time. They are very hard to find in Victoria. The only store that sold them went out of business when Payless Shoes moved into the mall. I used to get the Stride Rites on sale for almost the same price as the Payless shoes cost. My kids are like me and have very narrow feet. Other shoes just don't fit. Though I found a small children's store downtown that has started selling them and got a pair of white ones for Abby for $20. (about $15US)
They make them so darn cute too!

Have you looked to see if they put them on sale anywhere?
#10 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 02:38 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Kate goes barefoot a lot and wears Walmart shoes. But she has no feet or leg problems. I hope you can find some on sale.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#11 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That is expensive! But I can understand why you want to spend the money!
#12 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Special Member

Stride rite is the one of the only stores that carry Kylers size - because he has such wide feet. So, to this point, that's basically all he's worn. So, I know what you are talking about.

The other brand that is cheaper and seems good quality AND "sometimes" carry's odd sizes is TomMcaine. (sp?)
#13 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
Heather - what do you mean by "turns out"? do you mean that she walks more on the side of her foot, or that her toes kinda point outward when she walks ? If it's toes outward, my ped told me that that is normal - Jared did the same thing when he was first walking, it's extra balance for them.
#14 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
Its actually better (or so i read somwhere when I had Liz) to let your kids walk barefoot...then their feet can get used to the different textures of things and not be so sensitive..... I can't justify spending that kind of money on shoes for them since they outgrow them so quickloy....especially in the first couple of years
#15 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 11:00 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
They do walk barefoot when they are at home, but when we go places and need shoes on I want them to have good shoes on their feet.
#16 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 11:14 PM

I know what you mean! I loved Stride Rite shoes. That is the only brand of shoe we used with Ethan. I wanted him to have good support for his feet and they always took plenty of time with him measuring his foot and working with him. For me, it was well worth the extra money.
#17 of 23 Old 06-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 1
All my kids only ever wore shoes when we went out.I find shoes just slowed them down.
#18 of 23 Old 06-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Special Member

Stride-rites are expensive but they're good shoes.

We have a chain of stores around here called "Price-Less Kids".. do you have any in your area? They sell Stride-Rites there. I guess they're like last season's or something, but they're WAY less than $50/pair!
#19 of 23 Old 06-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Haha, Liz, I was just about to suggest that. Have the girls' feet sized at the store, then go eBay shopping with that information. At their age, the shoes you can find on eBay are barely worn, and probably don't even need to be cleaned.

I had Joey's feet sized at Stride Rite, then ended up shopping everywhere else for shoes for him - he's got wide feet like his momma. I have a really hard time justifying spending more on shoes for him than I will on myself.
#20 of 23 Old 06-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
I always put rhyne in nikes and sketchers. I have never heard of stride rite
#21 of 23 Old 06-23-2004, 03:06 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
That is the brand Alisha had to have too. Actually my brother and I had to have them also, for awhile. They do help and they are good shoes.
#22 of 23 Old 06-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Special Member

Jessi never owned a pair of Stride Rites and she's just fine. Cody HAD to wear them because he was a triple wide like Elaine's Haley. TJ got a few hand-me-downs from Cody, but as soon as they both fit in normal width shoes, I quit spending all that money. Yes, they are good shoes, but even the doctor said he didn't think they were worth that much money if I could find an alternative that fit his foot properly.

I honestly don't think they are worth the money unless your child has an extremely wide foot. Yes, the quality is better than say Target or Payless, but since they outgrow them long before they fall apart, it just wasn't worth it to me!
#23 of 23 Old 06-23-2004, 11:55 AM

stride rite shoes have excellent arch support in their walking shoes. I first said that Grant would outgrow shoes too fast for me to spend that much, but then we found out that nobody else sells cute double wide shoes. Grant has very wide feet lol. So I had to start buying them, because it was all we could find that would fit him and I love them. So to save money now, I get a bunch of them off of ebay for less than half price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page