Terrific "T"s I need your funny stories - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 75 Old 03-22-2002, 06:16 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love it when you ladies list the funny things your children do. Please tell Annie some stories. I love to hear them. Please post them here. I apperciate it. (((Hugs))) This way I can have an intrest in your little ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 75 Old 03-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
What if they are not exactly toddlers *yet* Is that okay hun?
#3 of 75 Old 03-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Special Member

One day at the babysitters house, Faith stubbed her toe on the fireplace, she grabbed her foot and hobbled around and said. " Oh Sh*t". She was only about 18 months at the time. Very funny.

#4 of 75 Old 03-22-2002, 08:54 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Josie of course it is okay.

Becky I was laughing my head off at your Faith. How funny. What those kids can learn and pick up.
#5 of 75 Old 05-16-2002, 04:55 PM
Special Member

Annie - Here's one that had me laughing: I have tried not to say the word NO around Alexander much because I know that once a child starts saying it, that's all you hear. I thought I was doing a pretty good job until this past weekend.

I told Alexander to do something and he shook his head and said "No, No, No, No, No!!" I looked at him and asked him what he had said and he looked me straight in the eye and slowly said "No, No."

It was so cute that I couldn't help but laugh. Now all he says is no!!
#6 of 75 Old 05-16-2002, 07:01 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Thanks for sharing and thanks for remembering this post. That is so cute and I can just see him saying that to you. They always pick it up some where. LOL Give the little guy a squezze for me.
#7 of 75 Old 05-17-2002, 01:03 AM
Addicted Member

today Logan and Duncan were taking a nap (ok, they were in their beds jumping up and dow) and all we could hear was logan saying "want you", and Duncan saying, "no you", and Logan saying, "no you" and Duncan saying "no you". it was really cute. I Wish I knew what they were talking about, and then when we got them up, I held Lolo for a minute and told him I loved him and he said..luh you too. my sweet little guy.
#8 of 75 Old 05-17-2002, 05:49 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Awww how cute the love me part. I to wonder what they were talking about. How cute baby talk or I guess we should call it toddler talk.
#9 of 75 Old 05-17-2002, 07:52 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Ok. this isn't about one of my kids, but one of my nephews. At the time he was 3 and his brother was 5 (they are 17 & 20 now).

At JL's 5th birthday party, Kee (my sis) kept it small and only invited a few friends. The kids were in the bedroom playing, but it was quiet so Kee went to check on them. Devlin was missing, They started calling for him and he ran out of Kee & Jess's room yelling "Come see! Come see!" So Kee and her friends follow him into the bathroom and find that he has opened an entire box of Kotex pads, pulled the strip off and stuck them all over the bathroom. Kee is standing there looking shocked when Devlin pipes up and says "Blue! Pretty, Mommy!" He was so proud of himself that Kee just started laughing. What else can you do?!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#10 of 75 Old 05-17-2002, 07:56 PM

Here's one about Drew. He was almost 2. I had been out of town and Rick and Drew came to the airport to pick me up. We stopped at a fast food place to eat because I was starving. There were problems with the order and Rick had to go back to the counter several times. After he sat down with a new burger (after like the third time), he opened it to find the order was wrong, yet again. He said "God D****t" At which point Drew stood up in his chair and yelled the same thing! Everyone in the restuarant turned and stared at us. I was laughing so hard, because he had this look of righteous indignation on his face just like Rick! It was hilarious!

~*~Brenda~*~

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#11 of 75 Old 05-17-2002, 11:32 PM
Special Member

This past Easter season, Caitlyn was 3 yrs and a couple months old. We had the rabbits at work and I kept them at home inbetween days needed. Well, she kept wanting to see the runny babbits! after just a couple days she had me saying runny babbits!!
#12 of 75 Old 05-17-2002, 11:45 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
I got a phone call from a neighbour asking me if I knew where Greg was (2yrs old at the time) so I say, "yes, he is having a nap"

Nope, he had taken all his clothes off, climbed stark naked out the window and was playing on the back lawn. I still don't know how he jumped so far without hurting himself, and how he lowered himself out the window without hurting his "wee willie", Rick and TK love to hear this story, Greg just cringes
#13 of 75 Old 05-18-2002, 12:20 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Brenda love the pad storie that is funny, all he cared about was the color. That is so cute.

I bet Drew was funny, seeing the look on his face. Kids getcha sometimes and you have to laugh.

Jennifer that is so cute about the rabbits, I be saying that too.

Maree, I bet that was a picture for a million words, that is so cute. Alisha was one to run free too. I have pictures of her naked and trying on her new boots we just bought her. I also have ones of her right from taking a bath and had to run finish playing with what she left when we interrupted her play. What kids will do. Poor Greg but it is cute.
#14 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 03:33 AM
Special Member

Oh my God Maree that is hilarious. Naked as a jay bird on the back lawn, I can just picture it !!!

Jennifer--runny babbits how precious is that??

The Kotex story is funny as all heck too!!

Keep em coming ladies
#15 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 03:53 AM
Addicted Member

Ricky loves to hear the story about the time he "broke out of da joint"

We were in bed one morning and heard one of the boys wake up (we later learnt it was Ricky) and he started to rock, which both boys did all the time. We usually left them for the 10 minutes or so it took for the other one to wake up as we prefered them to get up together.

Well all of a sudden there was an almighty bang, so we leapt out of bed, into the boys room and there is Ricky with the biggest grin on his face sitting on the top end of a 'slide' that used to be his cot!!!. Somehow he had shaken the end right off the cot, he though it was hilarious. We thought it was heart attack material, Des fixed his cot, and it was glued, nailed and screwed just to be on the safe side.

A few weeks later a similar thing happened, this time he managed to shake the top rail off the side of the cot, They went into beds after that. All I could think of when I went thru was if he had fallen forwards all of the railings were now exposed and he would have been impaled. No more cots for me after that.

Ricky still reckons he "broke out of Jail" tho
#16 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 07:11 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
A 'cot' is a crib, right?
#17 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 08:13 AM
Addicted Member

Yep I'll get the hang of 'American' as opposed to 'English' yet LOL
#18 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 10:06 AM
Special Member

Maree, That is a cute story about naked little Greg!!

Billy's mom likes to tell this story of when he was about 4. She had taken him to the library and he disapeared. He showed himself a few minutes later when he went running through the library naked!! I love that story!!
#19 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 10:13 AM
Addicted Member

Gotta love little boys running around naked, they always have that cute little can't catch me grin on their faces.
#20 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 10:18 AM
Special Member

And if you can catch them on film (as I have Alexander many times) you'll have something to embarass them with later on!! If not, the stories will do just as well!!
#21 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 10:23 AM
Special Member

We were at the grocery store and I was VERY big prego with Chase. Kirstie-Raie was riding in the buggy when a cute young lady passed by. She was kinda dressed up to go clubbin and Kirstie-Raie asked her if she was a hooker? I was so embrassed. But the lady just laughed and told her no!
#22 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 01:46 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

LOL OMG Roxanna that would of killed me. LOL

My dad and his brothers use to go skinny dipping in the creek will Max was to little to go with the other boys and he wanted to go so bad he stripped down and ran after his older brothers. Guess who picjed him up the Priest that was coming to see my Grandma and Grandpa. LOL Never found the clothes. LOL My poor uncle.
#23 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 05:05 PM
Special Member

It was really rather funny. Thank goodness the lady took it lightly .. she must have been a mom!
#24 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 05:13 PM

Here's a story for you.

Drew had been doing something at school for several days (I don't even remember what). Finally, in desperation, I told him that if he did it again, he was going to get popped when he got home. Sure enough, I got another note that day. For some reason, Rick was home that afternoon. We sat him on the couch and asked him if he remembered what we had said. He did. I started to walk over to pop his bottom and he stopped me, saying "I can do it myself, mommy." Darned if he didn't bend himself over the couch and pop himself 3 times on the bottom. I could hardly talk. I told him to go to his room and think about what he did. Then Rick and I went into the bedroom and laughed until the tears were rolling down our face. Best part of all, he never did whatever it was again!

~*~Brenda~*~

#25 of 75 Old 06-14-2002, 05:51 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Brenda that is cute. I would of laughed to. Good for you two for containing yourself until he went to his room. I would of laughed right there.
#26 of 75 Old 07-14-2002, 11:44 PM

One day my 6 year old, Klarissa, (who is terrified of bugs), was coming into our house through the patio door. A bug flew in front of her and she started screaming and flailing her arms and legs. Breana, my 2 year old, thought it was the funniest thing and was imitating her. She was laughing so hard and Klarissa was so mad at her because she was freaking out and we were just standing there laughing at the 2 of them.
#27 of 75 Old 07-14-2002, 11:53 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 15
Yep, that sounds like the girls!!
#28 of 75 Old 07-15-2002, 12:36 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

tracee, that is so cute and I am sure it was so funny when it happen. LOL
#29 of 75 Old 07-15-2002, 10:33 AM
Special Member

I'm sure most of us have had something like this happen:

Alexander was "helping" me bake a pie yesterday. He was doing the mixing and was doing a pretty good job. Then I hear him say "mmm". I look down and he's covered in the flour/sugar mixture he had been stirring - he had decided to taste test what he was working on and had gotten it all over him. He was so cute!!
#30 of 75 Old 07-15-2002, 11:51 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Awww that sounds cute. Love it when they are covered like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page