Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 09:58 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who's potty training right now and who is getting anywhere with it?

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 10:01 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Gracie will be 3 in 4 months and we've gotten nowhere really. She's had a potty since her second birthday and her babysitter takes her to sit on it at least twice a day but we've gotten nothing. Here at home she usually refuses to even try unless she's playing around and wants her clothes off but at the baby sitter's house she doesn't mind potty time and will sit there with the other kids. I'm not going to push the issue because I think she'll do it when she's ready ... hopefully it's not too far in the future though.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#3 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
We have been for awhile now. Kieran's 3.5 yrs. We bought some reward stickers. One for sitting plus one more for peeing plus one more for pooping. We just let him stick them to his potty. For the past week he's decided he likes to stand at the toilet to pee.

He wears unders to bed for his afternoon nap and for the past two nights to bed without wetting.

He wore unders to the laundry mat and grocery store (2-3 hour trip) Sunday. Not only didn't wet himself, he used the toilet at the laundry mat!

#4 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Special Member

Noah will be 3 in 3 months also and has peed a few times in the potty (once at home and a couple times at school) and pooped once at home b/c I caught him time. He thought it was very cool and says he wants to go but then just doesn't do it. This Saturday he insisted on no diapers when we wnt out shopping. He tried and tired to pee b/f we went out. Nothing. Of course we're at barnes & Noble and he comes over and says "I peed myself". Right down the the Crocs--good thinking there! Then peed himself on the ride home for good measure in his new clothes. ??? Zach NEVER peed in his clothes. EVER. Oh well. I figure we'll give it a go when we get out of school in June (or July if it keep snowing). If Noah asks, I do let him go with no diaper. We have no carpets and have leather couches so clean up isn't a problem. I make him wear underwear and pants though.
#5 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
We are - Kind of.

I'm not pushing the issue - but Alyssa is trying to convince her to. I told Alyssa that I'd give her $50 to potty train Peyton. She was all excited. I let peyton run around naked when dads not home (he has a thing about them running around naked.) she sits on the potty and loves it but hasn't done anything IN the potty yet. (She did poop on the OUTSIDE of her potty seat though)
#6 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Cara has pooped and peed in the potty several times. She has never had a dry night though. Somedays she gets it into her head she is going to use the potty all day and she does with few accidents. We aren't pushing her at all. She's just naturally starting to train herself. She's a complete 180 from her sister who never wanted to let the pull ups go.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#7 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Special Member

I posted on FB a pic of Noah with the potty seat stuck on his head. He was trapped in it with his hands stuck by his face. He was playing in the toy room (supposedly) and called me from the top of the stairs. Mike and I went to look and saw him trapped in the seat. What ever possesed him? He was so mad that I made him stay like that while I took his pic. Furious. He managed to get one arm out while I was taking the pic.
#8 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Josh is next in line to potty train and he's only 17 months, so it will be a while before that happens. In the meantime I have 3 kids in diapers.
#9 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 10
The funny thing is I think most of our kids are all around the same age and this goes to show that there's isn't a certain age range for potty training. Jaedyn is showing interest and will even sit on the real potty but nothing yet.

The funny thing is I send her brother in with her for encouragment and sometimes she tries to stand LOL....I have to be careful about this otherwise she will get confused....
#10 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Karen, Ally wanted to know why she couldn't stand on and pee like her brother, so beware! She actually tried it one time - what a mess! I'm so glad I don't have to go thru that anymore!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#11 of 16 Old 02-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 10
I know she's tried to stand fortunatly she hasn't mastered peeing therefore just standing or sitting at this time. When she does learn how I know I will have to watch her because I'm sure it will be experimental....
#12 of 16 Old 08-06-2010, 02:52 PM

My son was just not interested in using the potty. No matter what book or toy we used with him, he just didnt care. I got desperate and bought the Joy Berry I Love Potty Training iPhone app and it actually really helped. It's worth checking out if you have a stubborn child like I did.

www.joyberrybooks.com/pottyapp

worth a shot
#13 of 16 Old 08-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Addicted Member

I do daycare now and I get these kids trained in about 2 weeks tops including poopy. Parents have to be 100% behind me but if you are ready, and be ready to clean up the messes. throw out the diapers and just do undies. Rewards and praise work the best. I have potty trained 2 dozen this way in the last 3 years. Good luck ladies.

I remember thinking at this point when my kids were potty training that they will be in college and I will still be wiping them. There is a end dont worry!
#14 of 16 Old 08-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Addicted Member

I do daycare now and I get these kids trained in about 2 weeks tops including poopy. Parents have to be 100% behind me but if you are ready, and be ready to clean up the messes. throw out the diapers and just do undies. Rewards and praise work the best. I have potty trained 2 dozen this way in the last 3 years. Good luck ladies.

I remember thinking at this point when my kids were potty training that they will be in college and I will still be wiping them. There is a end dont worry!
#15 of 16 Old 11-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15

I have a daycare child that I am working on potty training....the hard part is when I have to go pick up his sister from school....we are in the van for over an hour....and he falls asleep....so i put him in a diaper.....when we are at home i have to really watch him.  I let him run around bare bum and if i catch him trying to hide somewhere then i know its really time for potty

#16 of 16 Old 11-06-2010, 07:05 AM

Alie hasn't shown much interest...she likes her little pottyseat alot, but mostly cuz it makes a dandy place to put her Hotwheels cars....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page