Was this a dumb move? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-29-2005, 01:25 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK--Jonathan is gong to be in public preschool. They provide transportation to and from school if you are in the school district. No problem. Except it's a 1/2 day program, so I have to have him with a sitter the other 1/2 of the day. And our sitter DOESN'T live in the school district. So, either I have to haul hiney to get to the sitter, pick him up, take him to school, and get back to work in 45 minutes, or I have to find another sitter. DH wantes me to find someone closer to home. But everyone I've talked to charges as much for part time as Deb does for full time. Or they don't want a child with special needs or delays. Or they want a guarantee that they'll be there for so many weeks/months, or you have to pay whether they're there or not. Or they want only full time, so you'd have to pay full time to get him a part time spot. AND, since the school doesn't run in the summer, I need a full-time summer sitter, too.

DH made a few comments about finding someone else ASAP when he found out how soon Jonathan was starting school and that I planned to just pick him up and run him back and forth myself at lunch. I know he's worrying about the car and milage and gas. But at the same time, I can't really put him in school and change his sitter all at once. That's just way too much change.

I've called all the ads in the paper. They're either in bad areas (like I'm afraid I'm gonna be in the middle of a drive-by shooting on the way to pick him up) or you call and can tell from the background noise that something's not right. Or you know as soon as you meet them that they're nice people, but not the kind of influence you want around your child.

So, I posted an ad on Freecycle regarding looking for part-time Christian childcare in the Middletown School District. I asked for recommendations or contact form peole who would be interested in providing themselves. Do you think this was a stupid move. I didn't give out any personal information. But after I posted it, I just felt a little .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
I dont think its bad. You did'nt give information and you can still meat and reasearch before you agree. I dont think I would have done it cause you never know who may come out of the woodwork - but its not the stupidest think you could have done
#3 of 4 Old 10-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Special Member

No...on my freecycle group...we always post where we are from. So that if someone is interested in something they can see if they want to drive to that town.

#4 of 4 Old 11-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Special Member

How many kids does your sitter have and would it be possible for her to pick him up if you paid her a little extra to cover her gas and extra work? Just a thought in case you haven't found anyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in