regressed in potty training - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-26-2006, 02:37 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, i thought we had this daytime potty training thing down. he has been doing wonderful only maybe one accident a month until this week

the accidents he had before were alays when he was playing outside, he obviously doesn't want to stop playing to come in and go pee.

today at the park, probably my fault, i didn't ask him and let him know there was a bathroom, but he peed his pants. so we had to come home because i told him the you can't wear pants that have been peed on.

i told him i am dissapointed in him, asked if he wanted to go back to diapers...

anyone else been here and done this?

any and all advice is appriciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I have never told Ryan I was disappointed, or asked if he wanted to go back into diapers (I have to say though even at 4 1/2 I still put him in one for night because he has a small bladder and no matter WHAT - wets the bed)...

Accidents happen - they could happen at 3... 4 ... 6 who knows... as long as it isnt multiple times a day or if you ask and he says NO - then he goes... then maybe work out some sort of a plan. But up until Ryan was real good at the potty - I would still ask him every 2 hours if he had to go ... even now I ask him multiple times before we go anywhere. Even when he says no, I take him anyway and he always laughs when he really DID have to go!
#3 of 10 Old 07-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Addicted Member

I would just make sure that everytime you are leaving the house that he has to go to the bathroom and try before leaving. I would even go when you ge to a place too. Are you still rewarding him for being dry?

Trey will be 4 1/2 in september and he still wears a pull up at night time.

#4 of 10 Old 07-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Addicted Member

I wouldn't tell hm that you are disappointed, or get mad or punish him. We went through that and the doctor said that is a big no-no. Accidents happen. But leaving was a good plan, because taht will stick with him. Just tell him that he needs to go when he feels it, not when he has to go really bad. Brandon still has accidents to and peeing on the potty has always been a smooth transition. But when he gets involved in doing something, he just doesn't want to take the time to stop.
#5 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 02:54 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

ok, so i talked to my daycare and she said what you all said, that it is pretty much normal.

i will have to try to be better at having him go before we leave the house and remember to ask him. usually when i ask him he says he doesn't have to go.

we will be at the park again tomorrow probably so i will have to be a better mommy
#6 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Addicted Member

Even if I ask Brandon and he says No, before we leave, I will have him try. He'll sometimes cry that he doesn't have to go, but then he'll start peeing and just laugh. Good luck!
#7 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Addicted Member

Trey too I make him go before we leave. I tell him there is no bathroom where we are going so you have to go now.

Honey you are a great mom.
#8 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 01:05 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

ok, today we are going to head out to the water park, so i guess i won't know if he pees or not

i am going to remember to make him go or try to go before we leave the house though
#9 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Special Member

Yeah that happened with Haley too. I didn't know what to do. It was just all of the sudden after being so good about going to the potty. Hers happened a lot during her play time too so I think that's a big part of it. Now I tell her she has to at least try to go before we leave the house and then when we're out I make a few pitstops just to be sure. I think it's completely normal. It didn't last too long at all with Haley after making some adjustments. I bet Logan will be back on track soon. Have fun at the water park!
#10 of 10 Old 07-27-2006, 01:13 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in