Kindergarten Readiness Checklist - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-20-2008, 03:02 PM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey girls... I thought this was great! Today, they want your child to know more and more going into Kindergarten. I thought this checklist was great for things to prepare your preschooler for the next step. Enjoy!

While there's no perfect formula that determines when children are truly ready for kindergarten, you can use this checklist to see how well your child is doing in acquiring the skills found on most kindergarten checklists.

Check out more here!!! http://school.familyeducation.com/ki...ess/38491.html

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 05-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 0
Thanks for the link Kim
#3 of 10 Old 05-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Addicted Member

Thanks Kim.

#4 of 10 Old 05-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
thats a great checklist.

logan passes on every count, he is definately ready to start in the fall!
#5 of 10 Old 05-21-2008, 01:30 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Well - Kate's 3 and can do most of those things. (Some we haven't tried - like tracing shapes - but she can write & identify some letters of the alphabet by herself) SO I think she will be more than ready for Kindy in 2 years.

She's starting Pre 3k in the fall.
#6 of 10 Old 05-21-2008, 01:40 AM - Thead Starter

Yep, they had a spot for Lauren, so she started Pre-K right after her 3rd birthday - around the first of November. She LOVES it! Lauren just had her end-of-the-year Parent - Teacher conference yesterday - we are always amazed at what's expected of little ones today. Lauren can do most of these things, but it's good to have a checklist to make sure you have all areas covered before Kindy.

Kim

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#7 of 10 Old 05-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
I wanted Kate to start but here you have to be 3 by Sept 1st of the school year in order to get in. Since she didn't turn 3 until the end of Nov she has to wait until This year to start.
#8 of 10 Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Special Member

Thanks for the list, Kim!
#9 of 10 Old 05-21-2008, 09:40 AM - Thead Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQKaren
I wanted Kate to start but here you have to be 3 by Sept 1st of the school year in order to get in. Since she didn't turn 3 until the end of Nov she has to wait until This year to start.
Yep, we were really lucky... here if they have a spot after the kiddos turn 3, they let you in. What Lauren goes to is a private preschool that's part of the school district (as if THAT made any sense... ). Down the hall is the PASS class... or the government funded preschool. That one I don't think that they will let you in past a certain date for your birthday.

At any rate, we decided to look into it because with all that I have to do with Ryan... Speech, OT, etc.... It gives Lauren something that is her own. She only goes on Monday and Wednesday from 8:15 to 11 am, but she LOVES it. She talks about her teachers and little friends all the time. They do projects, crafts, stories, games, play outside and they will take a field trip next Wednesday to a cool little playground/park that's only about 3 blocks from school. I have really seen a wonderful growth in her personality and "being" since she started. She will actually be in the same class for the full year next year, because her birthday is at the end of October, but that's OK. There are a few others that will do the same.

I find that having Lauren in Preschool is actually very educational for me and DH as parents. It definitely reminds us of what's important, what to focus on and things to help Lauren learn, such as tracing the letters that we print for her. It's just a great reminider. Also, they do evaluations of her progress, which helps us see where we need to kick it up a notch for her.

It's just been such a good thing for us, I just wanted to share some ideas for all to use, since I'm always looking for great ideas.

Kim

&...

#10 of 10 Old 10-09-2009, 02:50 AM

It is a good check list. Quite helpful!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page