Birthday ideas for a 4 year old? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-28-2009, 01:58 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son just turned 4 a few days ago, but I'm planning on having his party in June. There won't be too many children there... about 8 total, but there will also be a lot of "kids at heart". Does anyone have any ideas for a summer party that both children and adults can enjoy? I'm planning on having an ice cream cake and a water activity of some sort, but other than that... I'm stuck!
My son doesn't watch a lot of TV, maybe the Wiggles every once in awhile. He also likes Curious George.
Any help would be VERY much appreciated! Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-28-2009, 03:45 PM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
Well I don't have a kid that old and don't know if this sounds good but for my birthday last year we had a slip in slide party and it was a blast, there were no kids just adults but I am sure kids would love it to of course.

we got 2 regular slip in slides and put them together and then put a huge tarp at the end so no one would get hurt but of course with adults people were trying to slip and slide standing up lol. We got our other party supplies at Orientaltrader <--they have good party stuff
#3 of 7 Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Ihad a water party for one of my kids about 2 years ago. We did Water Limbo, had a water balloon fight, water balloon toss, and generally just let them go nuts with water guns, splash bombs and the extra water balloons. They had so much fun. They we had a fun sprinkler set up for later. We did most of ours ont he driveway - otherwaise your yard turns into sludge/mud. Of course, the kids enjoyed playing in the mud as well!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland

#4 of 7 Old 05-28-2009, 06:11 PM

Likes Earned: 22
OH! And I got ALL of the water toys at the dollar store and the kids each got the keep 1 or 2 of each toy as part of their goodie bag. Super cheap.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#5 of 7 Old 05-30-2009, 05:01 AM - Thead Starter

Thanks so much for the ideas! Never thought of the slip-n-slide before. Checked at Wal-Mart and they have a slip-n-slide that has 3 slides in one... so 3 can go at once. Where was that when I was little? That would've been perfect for when me and my 2 brothers were growing up!
Thanks again! This hopefully turns out good and accident free!
#6 of 7 Old 05-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
We did a water party for my daughter's 5th birthday. We had a baby pool full of water and a ton of those water balls that sop up water (great alternative to a water balloon fight) and a big supply of water guns to fill in the pool, a sprinkler going, and also a slip 'n slide. I love the idea of a triple slip 'n slide ... it would be fun to have races!

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#7 of 7 Old 10-09-2009, 02:48 AM

Water party is a great idea, i will try it for my sons birthday party and it always comes in summer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page