Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-23-2001, 01:37 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am going to be putting Michael in private preschool next fall. Has anyone ever done this? I just want to know what to expect. I am moving to Florida(Miami) in a couple of months so I don't know which school yet, does anyone live there and have a reccomendation? Does anyone know how much it costs? Any information would be very helpful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-23-2001, 04:14 PM
Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you mean by private preschool? If it's what I'm thinking, that's all we have around here. Actually I take that back, this is the first year that the school system had preschools, but I have no clue how they work.

Jessi has been in a private (church-run) preschool for over a year now and loves it. They were wonderful with her last year when she first started. She had a difficult time adjusting between a new little brother (which left her staying with her grandparents for a week) and a new school all in the same month. She got in trouble frequently, but they were very patient with her and it's paid off.

She's learning her numbers in spanish and all sorts of common words in sign language, among other things. I think it's wonderful and Cody already goes there as part of their Moms Morning Out program. I envision him going there until he starts kindergarten. Jessi will be off to kindergarten next year, and I believe she'll be well prepared thanks to the preschool.

Hope that answered some of your questions although I can't help with the Miami part! Good luck!
#3 of 5 Old 02-23-2001, 05:14 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks Dawn! I want to put him in a private school that is like pre-K to 5th grade or more. That way he can get in the habbit of going to the same school. I have heard of one private school that does it like that called Montessori, but I don't know alot about them. I plan to visit different schools until I find the right one.
I think it's cool that your daughter is learning spanish and sign language it will be very usefull to her one day. My husband is spanish and speaks it everyday to the boys and I am even learning to. Hopefully Michael and Devon can learn it early in school because I am not fluent and I can't teach them.
Well I am getting carried away here,thanks for the info, it helped!!

#4 of 5 Old 02-23-2001, 05:25 PM

Hi dI went to Montessori when I was small and it was great it is all about hands on learning. I am planning to send Kaye-Lee to a private school St. Josephs that is pre-k through 6.
#5 of 5 Old 02-23-2001, 05:35 PM
Special Member

Oh duh -- I see! I'd LOVE to be able to send Jessi to Montessori, but it's a little expensive for me. The last time I checked, it was around $100 per week. However, I have a friend in another state who used to receive "scholarship" money for her daughter to attend, so that might be an option also.

I hear they have an excellent program, and given the opportunity, I wouldn't think twice about sending my daughter there. Jessi is a 'hands-on' kinda kid anyway, so that would be right up her alley.

I imagine your boys will learn spanish easily. Kids are such sponges, I'm jealous! When I was a kid, we lived in LA and had a Japanese couple that stayed with us for awhile. At the age of 2, I spoke English & Japanese fluently, along with a little Spanish. Man do I wish I could still speak them all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page