12/8 Cardiology re-check - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-08-2004, 05:48 PM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Went to the Cardiologist today & got the all clear. I can call back if I have any problems, which I haven't so far. It's been 5 1/2 weeks since being hospitalized and I am feeling pretty good.

Ms. Lauren was pretty good most of the way there. She's good for about 45 min. in the car seat, then forget it. I'm having a BAD feeling that our trip home for Christmas is going to be #e77 on wheels, if you KWIM. If it gets too bad, I'll make DH come home & we will go back when she's older. I just think that an 8 hour trip, even with lots of stops, will be too hard on a 9 week old. Maybe it's just me... dunno.

Well, I'd better read a few more posts before Lauren wakes up & wants some chow....

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 12-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Glad to hear all checked out OK! You're a brave soul making that trip .. we had to make a 3 1/2 hour trip when Jessi was less than a week old due to a hurricane and it ended up being a good 5 hours. Of course, I didn't have the hang of leaning over and breastfeeding while we were riding yet!

Personally, I'd just tell everyone that they'll have to wait to meet Ms. Lauren. You ought to be resting and enjoying your first Christmas as a growing family! I never did enjoy hauling a baby and all her paraphanelia around!

Whatever you choose to do, good luck and have fun!
#3 of 11 Old 12-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Special Member

I'm glad everything checked out at the cardiologist!

I'm with Dawn - I'd be staying home for Christmas. That's just too far to take a baby that young in my opinion. But whatever you decide to do, have fun and be safe!

#4 of 11 Old 12-08-2004, 06:01 PM

I am glad you are all ok now!! I would say bypass the trip too. But if you have to go then I would start the trip at a time when is usually sleeping. Like early am, evening, or whenever it she does her long stretches?

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
Contest and a $25 GC!
#5 of 11 Old 12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm glad your appointment went well.
#6 of 11 Old 12-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
glad everything went well!
#7 of 11 Old 12-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
we did a long 14 hour drive with liz when she was a month old (we surprised my mom for mothers day). Liz slept teh whole time and we actually had to wake her up in order for her to eat
#8 of 11 Old 12-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Special Member

I'm glad you are doing okay! We travel quite a bit but I think ds is used to it. We usually travel during his naptime and stop if he gets too fussy.
#9 of 11 Old 12-09-2004, 01:13 AM
Special Member

Glad to hear that your appt went well.
#10 of 11 Old 12-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Special Member

I'm glad to hear that your appt went well!
#11 of 11 Old 12-09-2004, 03:47 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I'm lucky. Kate is a car baby. She'd crash the whole way there. I hope lauren does the same. I'm glad you're doing so much better.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in