My Peanut is sick. - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 06:34 AM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little Peanut woke me up this morning (about 1 1/2 hrs. ago) coughing, hacking and sounding like a seal. She couldn't clear her secretions and was clearly panicked. I ended up getting her upright, helped her clear secretions (with percussion and bulb suction) and got her right next to the cool mist humidifier. We then called the Ped, who thinks she has croup. We are trying some things her Pediatrician suggested. If she's no better later this morning, she will need to be seen. I just HATE when she's sick. Please pray that the humidity and cough/cold stuff works.

Daddy's in her room sleeping on the floor.... they both need the humidity. All 3 of us have been sick... Chris was the worst until this morning. Lauren scared the living daylights out of me. When I picked her up, she was gasping for air. Now she's sleeping in her new car seat (to keep her upright) and Daddy's in there with her (he needs the mist too).

I'd better try to get a little sleep now that I've calmed down a bit. I will keep ya all posted.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Croup is so scary

I remember a couple of nights (that lasted a centuty or so each) praying that the hot water didn't run out in the shower before before the bathroom steamed up enough for Ricky to be able to breathe, getting him to sleep, only to have him in the same condition within the hour.

Those humidifiers are god sends.

I hope your little one feels better quickly.
#3 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 08:18 AM

Likes Earned: 0
My youngest had croup. It's so heartbreaking to hear.

#4 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Poor baby! I hope she feels better.
#5 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 09:55 AM

Aww, poor baby. I hope she and Chris are feeling better very soon.
#6 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 10:02 AM

You're doing everything you can. I'm sure it'll help

When Jessica had croup, she would be fine all day and just start the seal like cough at night. It sux, I hope it doesn't hang around too long.
#7 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 10:11 AM

I hope it passes quickly.

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
Contest and a $25 GC!
#8 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 01:37 PM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
I think probably was croup. Was DEFINTELY croupy sounding to me. I have her on infant cold/cough drops every 6 hrs. and that's working nicely for her. Her last temp was 97 degrees axillary, so that's good. Only the occasional barking like a seal. Her secretions are a lot better now. She scared the [email protected] out of me this morning.... she just couldn't get any air in, so I turned her over, head down and whacked her on the back twice and got a huge glob of stuff (won't gross ya out) and that helped immensely. Called the Ped, got some ideas from him. Dh and I both took warm showers while the other held Lauren in the bathroom so she could get some warm steam to help loosen up things. She spent the rest of her night sitting upright buckled into her new car seat (hasn't used it in the car yet! ) with the humidifier going. Daddy needed the mist too, so he slept next to her on the floor. I crashed on the couch for 2 hrs. I have a killer headache right now, but at least my Peanutty is feeling better. She's still a grouch, but at least she can breathe.

Talked to the Ped, he says as long as she doesn't worsen and doesn't start to run a temp, she should be ok. If she runs a temp I'll have to take her in.

I took the day off today to stay home with her. Daddy will tomorrow if she needs to stay home again.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#9 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
I hate the sound of croup Liz has had it a couple of times....lucky for us nihcolas hasn't had it yet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page