I just DISPISE STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-20-2005, 10:28 PM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Uggghhhh! I have been sitting in ER with my Mom since 11:30 am CST. We sat there until almost 3pm without them doing much of anything except and EKG and blowing an IV. Soooooooo..... I called my Mom's md's office direct from the ER room and told his RN what was up, what they had done (or lack of) and checked to see if they courtesy paged him to let him know she was in the ER. (She's had back pain and been barfing since Sunday-we were in ER Sunday and the MD's office yesterday). Well, they never courtesy paged him and he was beyond PO'ed at the lack of care (no labs, no IVF - they blew the IV and never restarted one.) and d/c'd her from the ER and I took her to registration and direct admitted her. Don't piss off an RN. We don't take crap from anyone, not even an ER doc. (I asked them to do one darned thing and they didn't.... gloves off baby. ) So.... I finally got her settled into a room and hauled booty home. I have to work tomorrow, so I'm going to get everyone settled and try to get some sleep. Hopefully I'll get to work a full day tomorrow instead of the 4 hrs. I worked today.

Ya all have a great evening! I'm sure tomorrow will be eventful.....

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
How infuriating!
#3 of 7 Old 12-20-2005, 11:06 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Good for you!!! I would file a complaint too. One of Logan's ER trips they did not listen to me at all. At that point I had had more then a few expierences with his asthma and knew him well enough to know what he needed. Er drs refused and sent us home. We ended up at the ped's office the next am with a trip to be admitted. had they done what I wanted the day before we could have skipped all of that. I filed a complaint and never got the 100 copay bill I should have. Of course nothing happened to the Dr but atleast I didnt have to pay for his lack of care either.

I hope you can get some rest and your mom gets better soon

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
Contest and a $25 GC!

#4 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 01:42 AM

that would of been me
#5 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Addicted Member

#6 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
for you and your mom!!!!

And go gettem girl!!!!!! I mean heck they should know better than to piss off an RN!!
#7 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 08:28 PM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Ya know the sad thing? I was in my uniform with my Name tag and credentials on (gotta have them to take all the short cuts through the hospital... ) and I STILL got treated like crap.

Anyway, I talked with her primary today and he's gonna rip someone a new backside. I'm like good... I need a little support here from the MD instead of looking like a Critical Care RN on a head trip, if you KWIM..... JERKS!!

My "old lady with a tummy ache", aka, my MOM, ended up having a CT of her belly today and will have an Upper Endoscopy (EGD) done tomorrow sometime. Boy, I"m glad she's NOT sick. BUTTHEADS!! Her primary said that he will try to have her home by Sunday. I said that would be fine, but she can stay as long as she needs to get better. He was cracking up at what I did in ER.... he's like GOOD FOR YOU! So.... I think I'm gonna go talk to the ER supervisor tomorrow. It's so sad that a STAFF MEMBERS willingness to recommend their ER is ZERO!!! That's what happens when you staff an ER with RENT-A-DOCS!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in