And the hits keep on getting bigger..... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 12:19 AM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Mom is STILL in the hospital. She's been in 6 days and has lost another 13#. She's now a whopping 74 lbs (down from 87). They finally started her on TPN today. (Nutrition through her blood vessels.) They will try to keep feeding her, but she vomits pretty much everything up. They are talking about GI MD's coming to see her again and maybe putting a J tube (goes into the jejunum or small intestine to feed) to try and feed her that way. I really don't know if she wants to do that. I told the MD we'd have to talk to her about that. They did a CT scan of her head today to see if she had Metastisis from her prior cancer to her brain. That was negative. Everything else has been so far. I don't know what we are going to do for her. I told him (MD) we need to look at her liver. He's gonna do some tests and consult GI tomorrow. She just looks like crap and looks worse every day.

I talked with my sister and my [email protected]$$ ex bro-in-law decided to take it up on himself to chew her @$$ about taking my nephew out of school this Friday to come see his Grandmother. I told her to tell him to call me so I can chew HIS @$$.... my Mom's doing much worse than friday, and who the HE!! does he think he is acting like this. Dumb @$$. He REALLY doesn't wanna mess with me b/c I will have his head on a platter in a heartbeat.

Well, I'm going to go get my beached whale butt to bed. Gotta work tomorrow.
TTYL!!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
That's a lot of weight, especially when you aren't even 100 pounds to start with. I hope that y'all can figure out what's wrong. I feel so bad for your Mom, and for you.
#3 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 12:49 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
I'm so sorry Kim. I hope you can figure out whats wrong to help your mom.

#4 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 01:07 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Oh Kim... I hope they figure it out soon...
#5 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 01:12 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
Oh hon I wish that they could find some answers as to what is going on with your mom
#6 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 09:09 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
I hope they find out QUICK what's causing her weight loss.

And to your BIL ! him a couple of times for me, too !
#7 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 09:21 AM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I'm so sorry Kim. I hope they find an answer for your mom's problems asap. Your ex-BIL is a total idiot.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#8 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1

thinking of you!
#9 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
I hope they can give you answers soon!

Go tell ex-bil to sity and spin!
#10 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 11:15 AM - Thead Starter

Thanks girls. I'm going to work a bit early today so I can see what's going on.

I totally agree, Lenora. My Ex-BIL is a major @$$!

Kim

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#11 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
I am sorry, Kim. I hope they find out what is wrong with your Mom soon. That is alot of weight to lose.
#12 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Special Member

Oh I'm so sorry Kim. I hope the doctors figure out something soon. I think they really should look at her liver. During my mom's final days, she basically went through the same thing as your mom. She had metastatic cancer and she got jaundiced. I hope that is not the case with your mother.
#13 of 15 Old 01-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Special Member

I hope they figure out whats going on with your mom I am so sorry.
#14 of 15 Old 02-01-2006, 11:11 AM - Thead Starter

Today the GI Docs are going to do a procedure in which they do basically an endoscopy (Upper GI) and use an ultrasound probe to look around. They are trying to find out if she has a pancreatic or biliary duct blocked with a stone (best case scenario) or if she has metastisis from her prior cancers OR a completely new cancer (pancreatic). I hope it's only a stone and they can treat her. However, I'm pretty realistic that she has either one of the last 2 thoughts. If she ends up having pancreatic cancer, I will just get hospice started. That is something that you DO NOT survive and I'm not going to let them beat the crap out of her to stretch her life from about 3 months to about 6 months. I'd rather have 3 months of PRETTY GOOD vs. 6 months of torture for her.

I'll update when I can.

Kim

&...

#15 of 15 Old 02-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Special Member

My aunt died from pancreatic cancer and they really stretched it out -- she was in the hospital 6 long months, which she had no clue who she was 1/2 the time and it was really tough on her family. I'm sure if she had known her prognosis was not as good as they made it out to be, she would have skipped the surgeries. I hope that whatever the outcome is, your mother doesn't suffer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page