My so-called life..... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-14-2007, 08:20 PM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't done a journal entry in soooooooooooo long! LOL! Well, nothing too exciting here to talk about, just the usual stuff... work, wanting to kick DH in the pants, potty training DD and DS popping through teeth like crazy. I've been off the last 10 days w/the kids... my daycare provider went on vacation to Alaska, so I had no sitter. Now they will be IMPOSSIBLE when I have to take them back to day care next week.

Tomorrow we are leaving for Indianapolis. We are going to the F1 race. I just need to get the *BLEEP* out of here and do something. Grandma and Grandpa should be here about 1-2 pm so we can go. It should be interesting......

My major issue these last few days has been dealing with the Funeral Home in Michigan. As you all know, my Mom passed away in October. We didn't get a marker b/c the *lovely* cemetery where she's buried doesn't place markers after Oct. 31st, and there's no way they will make a monument in 2 weeks. SOOOOOOOOOOO we had to wait until spring. Welllllllll..... I did so, worked with the SAME place that took care of everything when she passed, selected, ordered and PAID for the FLIPPIN marker. SOOOOOO... about 3 days ago they call me and said THE CEMETERY WON'T PLACE YOUR MOM's MARKER b/c she shares a grave w/my Grandfather. They won't place 2 stones on one grave. WELL SHERLOCK.... you morons SHOULD have know this since you had all of her information right there - How in the H*!! am I supposed to know this? You people bury people for a living. This should be in your checklist of things. WTF?

Now I have to check with all of the siblings (hers) - they pretty much don't want to make a shared headstone (at my expense) and would rather leave my Mom's grave unmarked. "F" that! I'm having him look into either a special plot for cremains or an inside vault. I have SUCH a low tolerance for STUPID people.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Toodles for now... gotta go make supper. Have a great weekend!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 06-14-2007, 08:25 PM

Likes Earned: 0
that sucks about the cemetery. I hope it gets resolved soon.

I hope potty training goes smooth and that Ryan's teeth don't give him too much of a problem.
#3 of 10 Old 06-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
omg that sucks about the cemetary and having to deal with your moms remains like that

#4 of 10 Old 06-15-2007, 12:55 AM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
I know... the whole thing p****s me off to no end. Since she's buried she's no longer important? And her siblings are being no help at all, so screw them. I'll find her somewhere else. It will cost me a fortune, but I really don't care. There is NO WAY my Mother will be in an unmarked grave. NO WAY. They can all kiss my @$$.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#5 of 10 Old 06-15-2007, 12:59 AM

I cant believe the funeral home that you did everything threw screwed you like that. I hope they can fix it or I would be seeing them in court. It aint cheap these days.

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
Contest and a $25 GC!
#6 of 10 Old 06-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
it won't be a screw up at your expense that is for sure!
#7 of 10 Old 06-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Special Member

I'm sorry everything has been so negative lately. Hopefully you'll have an enjoyable time this weekend!
#8 of 10 Old 06-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Addicted Member

I am sorry Kimmer. Give them ****!
#9 of 10 Old 06-15-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmerRN
I know... the whole thing p****s me off to no end. Since she's buried she's no longer important? And her siblings are being no help at all, so screw them. I'll find her somewhere else. It will cost me a fortune, but I really don't care. There is NO WAY my Mother will be in an unmarked grave. NO WAY. They can all kiss my @$$.
AMEN sister! I could not agree more. If they are that clueless, then you just have to do what you have to do, and I totally agree--your mom can't be in an unmarked grave.
Can I ask why she isn't buried with your dad? Were they divorced?
I am so sorry you are going through this, and I hope you enjoyed your time away.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#10 of 10 Old 06-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 1
Wow!! I would be totally p.o.'d if my mom's cemetary treated my family like that and was that stupid! Those grave markers are unbelievably expensive. I think I would be threatening to sue the cemetary owners/company!! They sure don't sound sympathetic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in