Firing up a can of whoop @$$..... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 08-15-2004, 11:09 PM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for tomorrow at work! I'm so flippin ticked at one MD, I'm reporting his behavior and sloppy practice to the top dog tomorrow. I'm sorry.... I should not have to beat my head against the wall for 12+ hours just to get my patient a pulmonary consult. This primary MD was so far off on his diagnosis, I can't believe we were talking about the same patient. The lung MD on call this weekend was hanging out waiting to be consulted for this pt., but his STUPID INCOMPETANT primary MD wouldn't consult. We even got some "what if" input from the lung MD and finally twisted things around enough that we weaseled a consult from the primary.

Anyway, to make a long story short.... PRIMARY MD INCOMPETANT BUTTHEAD...... going to bust him out to the BIG CHIEF MD so She can kick his butt for me. Had to bust arse all day today to keep pt. off vent. Uggghhhh..... I'm just waiting for him to say something about us RN's practicing medicine.... well HONEY if you'd practice MEDICINE, WE WOULD NOT HAVE TO!

UGGGHHHH!!! 12+ more hours of He!! with fluorescent lighting to deal with tomorrow. Please pray that I have the sense about me not to THROTTLE him! MORON!!!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 08-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Don't kill him too bad
#3 of 19 Old 08-15-2004, 11:28 PM - Thead Starter

I'll try not too!

It just TICKS me off when people can't get appropriate health care b/c their MD's a MORON!!

Kim

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#4 of 19 Old 08-15-2004, 11:45 PM

Likes Earned: 0
You should accidently trip .. not fall down .. but slip and have to accidently throw whatever is in your hands (something very heavy or sharp) toward this jerk!!

Hope tomorrow is better.
#5 of 19 Old 08-15-2004, 11:46 PM

Uggg I know my MIL (who is also an RN) has to deal with moron doctors too!
#6 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
What a dumb a$$...oh and don't you just love it when the stuipid lazy $hit complains about nurses doing his job
#7 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
It never ceases to amaze me WHY some idiot Drs are soooooo threatened by taking advice from their nurses! F'crying out loud, the nurses are around the patients a **** of a lot more than the Drs are!!!

GET 'EM KIMMER !!!! NAIL HIS BALLS TO THE WALL !!!
#8 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 09:20 AM
Addicted Member

I so wish you were my nurse!!!

to the dumb MD!
#9 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 10:20 AM

Likes Earned: 22
Give'em he!!, Kim! Pisses me off to think you are doing everything possible to make things better for the patient and the doctor won't listen to you. Idiot!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#10 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What a moron!
#11 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 01:04 PM

I could not even imagine the feeling RN's must have when they are expected to standby knowing something else should be done. I can totally understand your going to the head MD. He needs a good-talkin' to!
#12 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Special Member

Hope thing get better.
#13 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
#14 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Special Member

I hope if I or any loved ones are ever in the hosptial that we have as caring a nurse as you are!
#15 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 11:26 PM - Thead Starter

Thanks girls. I was happy to see that the hospitalist took over this patient's care today. My patient ended up doing SIGNIFICANTLY better overnight. I think all of the antibiotics and nebulizer treatments finally kicked in. When I came in this morning, the patient was TALKING to me! He was so short of breath yesterday I had to put a tube in to give him meds. He had to work too hard to breathe that he couldn't swallow.

By the end of today I had him to minimal oxygen and the tummy tube out. He was eating everything but his shoes! How's that for a turnaround?!

Kim

&...

#16 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 11:31 PM - Thead Starter

Oh yeah.... and about the MD... we have all decided he has short-man syndrome. He's so worried about looking like an idiot, he tries to make us look dumb, when the sad thing is we were TOTALLY right. It also helped that I had 3 other bulldog-type RN's who had my back. He finally had to cave when he had 4 RN's chewing his backside.

I was so busy I didn't get to talk with the Chief today, so I'm writing him up tomorrow. She will DEFINITELY get it then. He's such a BUTT.... It just ticks me off that he can practice medicine and he's a total idiot!

Another reason he's such a ..... He was a resident through our program & we stomped the CRAP out of him then. It just pi$$e$ him off b/c we still stomp the CRAP out of him. That's what you get when you don't play nice with Critical Care RN's.... we are MEANIES!

Kim

&...

#17 of 19 Old 08-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 1
You go girl!!!! Someone needs to beat some sense into that dr's head!!! Your the best person for that job!
#18 of 19 Old 08-17-2004, 11:55 PM - Thead Starter

Written up! Life is goooooooooooooooood.!!!

Oh, and the BEST news of the day.... he's leaving our hospital system for another! OH HAPPY DAY!!

The only thing better would be for his license to be revoked!

Kim

&...

#19 of 19 Old 08-18-2004, 01:18 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
WTG Girl!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in