The names we may use - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-02-2002, 02:43 PM - Thead Starter
Jen
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since everyone else already seems to have a couple of names picked out, I figured I would share ours.

Yep, you read correctly---NOTHING! We have not really thought too much about a name yet. With both girls, we had picked out a name early on but then changed our minds within a month of them being born. I guess we have a little time to decide.

I do know that if it is a girl, we want to go with something that ends with the "y" sound to go with Cori and Hailey. With a boy, we really do not know. We have considered taking dh's name and turning it around to Andrew Jason since we are not too thrilled with the "Jr" thing (I am not anyway--dh likes it). But who knows.
I am gonna get a list together and start posting some combinations once we come up with some.
BUT as of now

Basically we do not have the first clue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 10-02-2002, 02:58 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
You have time. We liked ethnic names, so that's what we picked. Do you have a relative you especially like? Good luck. I think this is one of the fun parts.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 13 Old 10-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You have plenty of time!

#4 of 13 Old 10-02-2002, 03:06 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
You have plenty of time! Den and I disagree so much we started early....lol.

And we were afraid if this baby came early like Christian we would be clueless as to what to name it!
#5 of 13 Old 10-02-2002, 03:07 PM - Thead Starter
Jen
Special Member

I am kinda strange about the relative thing. I do not really like anyone's name well enough to use it. Dh's family (other than 1 BIL) is OUT OF THE QUESTION mainly because of the relationship (or lack there of) that I have with them. My family I would love to use BUT most of them are old fashioned, Southern names that I do not care for. We pretty much decided a long time ago that we would be original with our names.

I am not too worried about it at this point. I know that whatever we come up with now will not be the name we actually use.

I was just shocked to see that so many already had names picked out (due around the same time as me or even later).

I guess that I will just be happy if we have a name before we get to the hospital! I always have been one to wait til the last minute....
#6 of 13 Old 10-02-2002, 03:33 PM

You have lots of time Jen and you may even change your mind a few times before the baby is born.

A few girls names that we liked, that may sound nice with Cori and Hailey, are:
1. Sydney, of course
2. Avery
3. Riley/Rylee
#7 of 13 Old 10-02-2002, 03:40 PM - Thead Starter
Jen
Special Member

Thanks, Leah.
Sydney happened to already be on my list of possibities but I had not thought of Rylee of Avery. I like all of them!
#8 of 13 Old 10-02-2002, 03:42 PM
Addicted Member

Ooohhh....I like the name Rylee!

I love unique names! I know some love the good old fashioned names but I LOVE unique names!
#9 of 13 Old 10-05-2002, 02:38 PM

We changed are minds so many times. Take your time and it will come to you.
#10 of 13 Old 10-06-2002, 03:29 PM - Thead Starter
Jen
Special Member

I actually ran Rylee, Sydney & Avery by dh and he did not like any of them.
For a girl we are leaning toward---Gabrielle (Gabby) or Maci. For either of them we may use Lynn (my middle name.)
I am putting no more effort into girls names at all. It is gonna be a boy so why bother (fingers crossed!!!).
#11 of 13 Old 10-08-2002, 02:46 PM
Addicted Member

Yup Jen! Its going to be a boy! So start arguing over boys names.....lol
#12 of 13 Old 10-11-2002, 03:54 PM

You have loads of time to think about a name, and I'm sure whatever you pick it will be great. I had Hailie picked out since I was like 13, LoL! but when she was born I was just looking into her eyes, and thought Hailie Jade is the PERFECT name! LoL, things like that just come to you sometimes and I'm sure you'll figure it out. Good Luck
#13 of 13 Old 10-11-2002, 04:33 PM

You know what Jen, Marco didn't like any of the names we had picked out either, mind you they were all boys, but still...I told him that if we had a boy, his name was going to be Ethan and it would just have to grow on him. And since we didn't really have any girls names picked out, it was a surprise for everyone. Oh yah and by the way....Sydney was definitely going to be a boy too...just so ya' know.

My suggestion would be, this is what we decided to do, is to compile a list of the ones you like and the ones he likes (Marco liked Brianne ) and then when the time comes, hold your precious baby and go through that list again. You will find the perfect name for your baby, just by looking at him/her. Even names that you never considered may be a possibility, because only you will know which name your baby looks like.

Okay, now back to the suggestions...if Sydney, Rylee and Avery are out of the question (which I am not in favor of, LOL J/K) then how about Abigail/Abby, Arianna (I love this name), Livia, Isabelle/Bella, Eden, Emily/Emelie....and I do like Gabrielle/Gabby and Maci, those are nice names.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page