Haven't posted in a while - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-12-2004, 09:36 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure if there is much to talk about but I haven't posted in a while and feel like I should.
I'm getting no where in the weightloss area. I just don't have any real motivation to do anything right now. DH brought me home a NordicTrac Pro that was at his office but I rarely get on it. Maybe in the spring when it gets a little warmer, I'll find my motivation again. but for now I just don't care.
I'm doing alot of odd job type things trying to make some extra money or just trying to have something else to do durring the day.
I'm babysitting my best friend's new baby most weekdays. I'm not making much money off of it because she just can't afford to pay me much. Fifty bucks a week is about the best she can do and I've been doing unpaid until now so this Friday will be my first check from it.
I also have a lady coming over tomorrow evening to talk about watching her son on Teacher workdays and Holidays.
I was working at the church on Tuesday mornings also but now that my car is kaput (sroll down for the car story) I had to tell them that I couldn't do it anymore. I wasn't very happy doing it but I'd gladly go back to have a car again.
I've spent the last week tagging items for a consignment sale that I am going to sell at next week. I'm trying to make enough money for a new dining room set from that. Cross your fingers for me.
I'm also selling Avon now. I'm not sure if I am doing it for money or just for fun. I did really well my first campaign and although I didn't make any actual money (because I bought so much) I still got all my items for free. I bought Haley a bunch of advance birthday gifts to hold on to and a lot of samples too. I'm don't think my second campaign is going to go quite so well but it is no big deal to me.

Now anway, with the car...
My car has been dying for a long time. The 3rd CVjoint in less than a year is going bad along with the breaks. Not a cheap repair. Also it seems that everyday something new electrical breaks. So far the sunroof, the left passenger window, the mirror controls, and the speedometer & odometer have gone out. Even with all that going on, the car was still drivable. Now after the back window exploded a few days ago, it isn't drivable and it doesn't seem worth it to get the window fixed knowing that so many other things are going wrong with it. I'm not sure what we are going to do yet. We still have Mike's work pickup to get us around. We can't go anywhere as a family because it is only a 2 seater but we can each get to work when we need to. He drives it durring the week and I get it on the weekend.

So anyway, sorry this is a long boring thread but that is kinda how my life is going right now. Nothing too exciting besides working on Secret Sisters and getting ready for the BabyU awards. I've got a few other online projects going too.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-12-2004, 09:53 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I think everybody's life gets kinda boring and slow in January .. hopefully things will get better for you soon.

Good luck on teh consignment sale. I hope you make tons of money and can buy the set of your dreams!!!

#3 of 9 Old 01-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Good luck on the consignment sale, honey! I have been trying to do the same for some extra cash. Gonna see about doing baby sitting again too. Used to babysit a lot and only was doing it part time since moving to Wentzville 3yrs ago. I'm glad that your friend will be able to pay you at least $50 a week now. You are such a good friend to be doing it for free up till now! Has she looked into getting help from Family Services for daycare? It doesn't take much for you to be State Certified to be able to get her checks from that. I did it for a family for 2yrs but you have to claim it.

#4 of 9 Old 01-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
to the car for giving you so much trouble!

Good luck on the sale - I need to go thru DS things, but just have no energy to do it.
#5 of 9 Old 01-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Good luck with your sale!
#6 of 9 Old 01-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Good luck with your sale. And don't worry about the weightloss thing. I've been the same way with the holidays and cold weather. But I'm getting back on track this week. You'll get the motivation soon. Hope you can find a solution to your car troubles soon.
#7 of 9 Old 01-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
about your car. Hope you sell a lot at the consignment sale!!
#8 of 9 Old 01-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Sorry to hear about your car! I understand all too well! In our cavalier the head gasket kept going out and finally we just let it set. It is too expensive to keep fixing and too time consuming for Den to keep doing it himself. We had his pickup but only three of us could go anywhere unless we borrowed my mom's car. So we fortunatly were able to get a new one last night!

Good Luck at your sale!
#9 of 9 Old 01-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 1
Good luck on your sale,and I'm sorry about your car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page