What would you do in this case? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-27-2005, 06:28 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter found an envelope hidden in my room. I was saving the money for a future purchase. Evidently, she found it and took $100. I confronted her, and she denied it. Then I found some new clothes in her room which she claimed belonged to a friend. When I looked around when she was out, I found a receipt for the clothes, proving that she had spent $50 I had not given her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 04-27-2005, 07:03 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I think you and Jimmy have to have a long talk with each other and sit down and talk with her. It's not just the stealing. It's the disrespect and the lying as well.

Unfortunately, you may have to use the words I always hated as a teen:

I am so disappointed. We had a certain measure of trust in the family and I feel like my trust has been completely broken. I found the clothes and the receipt in your room. Now, tell me again, Did you take my $100?

I am so sorry this happened. It seemed like Alisha was such a trustworthy and responsible girl.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 11 Old 04-27-2005, 08:25 PM

Likes Earned: 0
I agree with Lenora. Also has she worn the clothes? Can they be taken back? If not she should return what she has left and then make arragments to repay you what she took

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
Contest and a $25 GC!

#4 of 11 Old 04-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
i'm sorry Annie, i like what Lenora said

although i hated those words when i was her age
#5 of 11 Old 04-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Special Member

That's a tough one. Good luck.
#6 of 11 Old 04-27-2005, 11:28 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Woooo Horses. "What would you do in this case?" Not me, just a post. If it was Alisha doing this I would say so. Honest. Sorry you all thought it was Ali but it is not, just made up.

But thanks for the concern.
#7 of 11 Old 04-28-2005, 12:50 AM

Thank goodness! What a relief!

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#8 of 11 Old 04-28-2005, 08:13 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

I am glad it is not her either. Oh yes if it was her she be working her rear end off to pay back, better yet if the tags were still around I make her take the stuff back to the store. I still make her work her butt off. Grounded for sure.
#9 of 11 Old 04-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Addicted Member

When I was a teenager, I remember taking change from my parents jar. I am talking $1-2 in dimes or something. My step-brother told on me, I got in a ton of trouble and from then on my parents bedroom door was locked. I couldn't understand the big deal, it was just a couple of bucks worth of change. Now I think if Brandon were to do that, I would be mad and disappointed in him for not just asking me.
#10 of 11 Old 04-28-2005, 11:38 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Jennifer I did that too and I remember feeling gulity or not sure what the big deal was, but as we have children we understand more, plus as parents we want to know what the money is being used for, at least some what.
#11 of 11 Old 04-28-2005, 01:01 PM

I stole change from my parents too. I did not get an allowance and I liked the occasional soda or juice from the machines at school like the rest of the kids. My parents were very cheap with us. If Kate stole from me, I would be very disappointed in her, because we are not cheap with her and she could just ask if she wanted change for the juice machines.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page