Funny Hospital stories - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 09-25-2002, 06:13 PM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
About an hour after I had Zach I was laying in bed and the nurse asked me if I thought I could try to go to the bathroom. I said I would try, swung my legs off the bed, and stood up. Next thing I knew I was on the floor. My epidural hadn't really worn off and I couldn't quite feel my legs. I felt so silly. The nurse ran over and said she would have helped me if I'd told her I was still shaky. Well Duh if I had known I wouldn't have gotten up!

I was wondering if any of you did anything embarrassing while still in the hospital?

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 09-25-2002, 07:42 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
When I was in the hospital the first time in labor with Italy they kept bringing me stuff to drink apple juice and orange juice but the aj just tasted funny so I was drinking the orange juice... well some stupid nurses were in there and I said I dont feel so good... I didnt know what it was but I just wasnt feeling right... WELL all over them! LOL They got mad at me and telling me that I wasnt supposed to be drinking oj because it had too much acid. Why did they give it to me in the first place then!
#3 of 17 Old 09-25-2002, 08:49 PM
Special Member

Hmmmm...I don't remember doing anything silly while being in the hospital. All I can remember is the girl in the same room snoring, it was awful!

#4 of 17 Old 09-25-2002, 08:52 PM - Thead Starter
Administrator

You had to share a room?!?

Elaine White

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#5 of 17 Old 09-25-2002, 11:36 PM
Addicted Member

I'm glad I had a private room!

The only thing funny that happened was after the nurse did an internal to see how much I was dilated, my legs stayed wide open. I had already had my epidural so I couldn't feel my legs. I had to say, excuse me, could you please close my legs?!?!
#6 of 17 Old 09-26-2002, 12:36 AM
Special Member

Yes Elaine, I had a semi-private room, that's what our insurance covered, so that's what I went with. Next time though.....I'm springing the extra $40 and getting MY OWN room. Save myself the hassle and the sleepness nights.
#7 of 17 Old 09-26-2002, 01:06 AM
Special Member

When I had my first baby, he was born at 2am and the nurse came in my room (private) the next morning and asked if I had to go to the bathroom. I told her no. So she said not to get up unless she was there to help me. She came in a little while later and asked the same thing. I still said no. This time she insisted I go. So I got up and went into the bathroom with her and she was explaining the things I had to do to take care of my poor tush The whole time she was talking, I was peeing(privacy when you have a baby - whats that!!!) I didn't think I was going to stop peeing. I couldn't believe my poor blader could hold all of that. I was kind of embarassed. I found out later that I had a paralized (sp) blader. Which means I couldn't tell when my blader was full. It lasted for less than 24hrs, and apparently happens to alot of first time mothers. It's just one of those things nobody tells you about LOL
#8 of 17 Old 09-26-2002, 08:52 AM

Likes Earned: 10
Oh MY Gosh! You guys crack me up! LOL Elaine~ I just had to laugh out loud when I read yours.. LOL that is tooooo cute.. I could just see someone (likemyself- but i'm not gettin no needle in my back! LOL you crazy?) standing up and then jsut falling back down! (BTW.. i'm glad you are OK)

The only really funny things that happened was, right before I was allowed to push, they wanted to cath me to make sure I didn't have anything in my bladder so I didn't pee on the baby.. well she stuck it in and she's like "doctor i'm not getting anything" he goes Well that can't be right,, she hasn't voided for 2 hours.. so the nurse stuck it in again and said the same thing.. then I piped up.. "oops.. i already peed on the bed" LOL they were laughing telling me i should have told them so i didn't have to sitin it.. i said i didn't really care at that point what i was sitting in i just wanted the baby out.. hahaha

After AJ was born i was trying to BF him.. the nurse was helping me, showing my how to get him to latch on, WELL.. LOL she ust happened to mention "how wonderful your nipples are for breastfeeding" LMAO Ever after having my legs spread open for 18 hours.. the nurse teling me that was SOOOOO embarassing! LOL

~Robyn~
~Mommy to~
Austin & Dylan

Remember, You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing..
#9 of 17 Old 09-27-2002, 12:31 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
hmmm...nothing funny here. I left a trail of blood from the bed to the bathroom the first two times I stood up. I was beginning to wonder why they even gave me the dang pads because I SWORE they weren't working!
#10 of 17 Old 09-27-2002, 12:43 PM
Special Member

When the doc was checking me ( I was 10 cm's dilated), I got a subconscious reaction in my leg and kicked him in the shoulder, sending him flying across the room into a heap of equipment
While everyone was busy helping him up off the floor, I had pushed Briahnna's head out. They were a little shocked to see her there when they gained their composure
#11 of 17 Old 09-27-2002, 01:26 PM
Special Member

That's a good one, Genie!!

I can't think of anything that happened that was embarrassing. I mean, after being spread eagle for the world to see for hours, there was nothing else I could do or have done to me that would embarrass me!!
#12 of 17 Old 09-27-2002, 03:17 PM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Leah, I was just shocked because I hadn't heard of a semi-private room on the maternity ward, but then I have only been to really big hospitals.

Robyn, I was scared to death to get the epidural but compared to contactions it was nothing. I have had countless more needles in my back since then so I should have no problem getting it this time.

OMG Genie that is so funny!

Elaine White

#13 of 17 Old 11-12-2002, 01:28 AM

The morning after I had Chris, the nurse came in to check on me and asked how I was feeling. As I had gotten a full nights sleep(Ilet them keep in down the nursery for feedings since I was bottle feeding) I was feeling pretty good. I told her I felt great. Then as she leaned down to take my blood pressure, I threw up all over her.
When I had Chris, I had been in labor for 19 hours before my jerk ex finally showed up(he had broken up with me and disappeared for 7 months when I found out I was preg). He came into the room and started comlaining about how tired he was from work. I looked at him and said "you do what I've been doing all day, then you can talk to me about being tired." He came over to the bed leaned down and said "Oh, it can't be that bad. I mean does it really hurt that much?" Well, after him disapearing on me, and this being the first time I'd seen him since I found out I was preg, I was pretty pissed. I reached over, grabbed him by the balls, and then squeezing as hard as I could and watching him cry from the pain, asked him " Oh does THAT really hurt that much?!!!" Just then a nurse came in to check on me. It took 4 nurses, my doctor and my dad to get me to let go of my ex. After he left, we all had a nice little gigle over it.
When I went to have little Shawn, I wasn't allowed to get out of bed while waiting to go for my c section and had to use a bedpan to go pee. I felt uncomfortable with nurse helping me, so big Shawn volunteered to help and the nurse left the room. Well, as he had his hands on the inside of my thighs, helping me to lift my butt up onto the bedpan, I just couldn't it any longer and peed all over his hands! Needless to say, the next time I had to pee, he let the nurse help me get onto the bedpan.
#14 of 17 Old 12-13-2002, 12:04 AM
Advanced Member

Jesse and i walked to see Tay in the nursery and were coming back and i slipped on the freshly washed floor and fell... I swear it was the most embaressing thing because everyone was looking
#15 of 17 Old 12-13-2002, 04:15 AM
Special Member

what was really funny but scary at the same time when i delivered my last baby when it came time for the nurse to bring in my baby she was bringing my two babies she had me confused with the lady in the room next door to me who delivered twins it was funny at the time
#16 of 17 Old 12-19-2002, 03:48 PM
Special Member

When Daniel's head starting coming out, the doctor started to apply pressure to my perineum and I wasn't expecting it, so I kicked him in the head. The nurse said "Don't kick the doctor in the head." Ummm...I couldn't help it...
#17 of 17 Old 12-19-2002, 05:07 PM
Special Member

During deliver, I had my SO, his mom and my mom in the room. After thebaby came out, the room was a whirlwind of people and emotions. My mom was holding one of my legs up during delivery and was still holding tight! I said mom let go, and she didn't hear me. Aftering trying to tell her about three more times, I finally yelled "MOM LET GO OF MY LEG PLEASE!!" and she did. She was just so caught up in the moment, we laugh about it now!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page