Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 10:45 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm having some strange bleeding... constant (2.5 weeks now) menstrual bleeding that isn't heavy enough to be a period & nose bleeds. I could blame it on the procedure I had last month (over 5 weeks ago) and dry air but I'm worried that it may in some way be caused by my radiation too.
Do you think it is something I need to talk to my doctor about? It seems silly to tell an oncologist that you are having menstrual bleeding when you shouldn't be.
And my nose never really pours blood but I wake in the morning and am horribly congested and spend an hour or so blowing blood clots and then there is always traces of blood when I blow.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
Likes Given: 0
I would mention it to your dr hon. It all may be just a side effect of all the radiation, but if not, then better to be safe than sorry
#3 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 11:46 AM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Discuss all of your symptoms to your Oncologist. I know they usually follow your labs, so any source of bleeding should be monitored, if you KWIM. It might be a side effect, might be a symptom of something else. Just run it by the Doc.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 11:53 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

My blood counts haven't been checked in over 2 weeks and I *think* that bleeding can be a sign of low platelet? count which is why I'm somewhat concerned.
Thanks yall.

Elaine White

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#5 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 04:47 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Are you still on the depo shot? because that is a side effect of depo but not low blood count. I would speak to your doctor about this if you are not on the depo anymore. good luck!
#6 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 04:49 PM - Thead Starter
Administrator

I am on the depo shot and sched. for another one on Monday. I've never had that problem before though.

Elaine White

#7 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 07:04 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Here is a link to a site that may be of some assistance- it expains the side effects of the depo and how the medication works in realistic terms and may shed some light on your problems. When you go to see your doctor on Monday I would mention your concerns to him/her. You can have them check your blood count also just to be sure.

http://www.fwhc.org/birth-control/bcdepo.htm
#8 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
No matter what, mention it to your MD. Let him make the decision of what it is. Bleeding can occur with a low platelet count. They need to do some labs, compare them with the last ones and decide from there.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page