Someone other than Dh/So drive you? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-10-2002, 03:12 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone ever had to have someone other than Dh/so drive you to the hospital when you were in labor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-10-2002, 03:59 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
I drove myself the first time bc DH didn't have a liscence. I just pulled over when a contaction hit, took a while but we got there.

They put me on bed rest and 14 hrs later the contractions stopped. I was 37 weeks and they decided that was too early they had already told me they wouldn't let me go past 38.5 weeks so what difference does 10 days make????
#3 of 5 Old 09-10-2002, 11:24 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

My dad drove me the first two times because I wanted George in the back with me. And the last time, mom drove us, for the same reason, that and the fact that my moms hands couldn't have taken all the abuse that I was giving George's

#4 of 5 Old 09-12-2002, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

He drove the first time. He INSISTED on picking up his mom and sister

There I was in labour, it's 2:30 am, and I look in their house and they wave to me. They are standing there CHATTING, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee Took them about 10 mins to get out to the car.

With the last one, I drove myself. I knew better this time....
#5 of 5 Old 09-13-2002, 12:35 AM
Addicted Member

With Gavin, Court drove me. Although I did have an episode of preterm labor and my parents took me in for that.

With Maddie, Court was out of state. It was late at night and there was no way I was driving myself. And my mom can not drive at night. So I called up my brother, Thad (annaberk's dh) and he came over with his van. Loaded it up with my stuff and Gavin. Went to my mom's to drop Gavin off. And wouldn't you know it??? His van is having problems and will not shut off! So we switch vehicles (still in labor) and load up my mom's van and away we go. Took us about 2 hours but we made it there eventually. Sure am glad I take a LONG time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page